Flash Flood Tactics

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
lazerhawk08

Flash Flood Tactics

Post by lazerhawk08 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:11 pm

Hey, i need some good techniques with the Max Infusion Flash Flood. Anything would help.

if it makes a difference i use a 50 oz water pack hooked to it.
Last edited by lazerhawk08 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Re: Flash Flood Tactics

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:13 pm

Welcome to SSC!

The most specific tactic for the Flash Flood class of water guns would be a hit-and-run tactic. You hit them with the flood blast and run away. It's a general tactic but it's made more useful by the Flash Flood's blast.

Check out the tactics section here for some good general tactics and be sure to read the links at the bottom too: http://www.sscentral.org/tactics/

lazerhawk08

Post by lazerhawk08 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:35 pm

I have seen the tactics page and i know about hit and run. Im a mix of the following; lone wolf, risk taker, toy souldier, and agressor, gun worshipper, and intuitive.
Last edited by SSCBen on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:49 pm

Wow, you're a good mix (if thats even possible to be a mix of so many styles?)

[off topic]
I'd have to say, I'm a Militaristic Guerilla Intuitive, with just a hint of techie.

[back on topic]
But i would have to agree with Ben on the Hit and Run. But in this instance, i would have to recommend sticking with Guerilla tactics, to make up for the lack of constant supression fire etc
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!

lazerhawk08

Post by lazerhawk08 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:51 pm

i was looking at the fighting styles and im like "what the hell..." i thought it was too many also

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 pm

If you want to read some more tactics I would suggest this old page I wrote years ago: http://web.archive.org/web/200607040801 ... ics/ta.php

In it I detail some basic tactics that are helpful nearly always. I've been meaning to rewrite it, which is why it's not on the current website, but I might just repost it as is for the time being.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm

It doesnt look too shabby Ben. Needs a spell check i think, but i dont think theres a massive need to rewrite it, unless theres more you want to add?
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:14 pm

A lot of articles like that one were cut from the site because we didn't think they were high enough quality and we wanted to rewrite them. Probably the best thing about the update we had in January was all the new content we added or expanded on. That article may reappear later once we redo it basically. It's not too bad on its own though, but I think we could do a bit better (having some pictures for starters).
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:25 am

I wanted to add some more to it and I wanted it to be on the website when we relaunched. That didn't happen though. I made a quick outline and it's still online. It's basically the same thing expanded. Sometime this week I'll post up an edited version of my old Aquabatalicus, finish my outline, and put it on the to-do list.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:20 pm

The FF is fun as anything to use, you just have to work on your timing with the flood nozzle. What works well is to fake somebody out and then hit them after theyve tried to dodge.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:58 am

If you're not using any aqua pack (which aren't really necessary if you're using the FF as a sidearm), remember that a whole reservoir will only power up to approximately 3 full riot blasts (if you don't want it full, don't pressurize it all the way) and a few streams. Without the aquapack, you can still carry water bottles which enable fast filling, but don't require the potentially annoying tubing to the blaster.

For one hit kill games, sticking to the stream (unless you know you can get muiltiple kills with a flood, and be able to run away to re-pressurize back on time) is generally a good idea, as well as using cover to compensate for the generally low-range of the FF. For soakfests, go with the hit-and-run tactics above, and don't worry too much about soaking muiltiple targets.

Now since I can't resist the urge to mention modding here, especially for the FF, I'll go ahead. If you have a drill, a nozzle enlargement is not a bad idea, given the nozzle stays smooth enough as to not break up the stream too much. With some glue and PVC, it is also possible to put a reducer on the flood nozzle so there isn't as much spread. Without the reducer, a removal of the screen will allow for higher velocity and range. (but be wary of crap getting down the nozzle) There are articles on the site that go into some detail about drilling, but I can't recall seeing any that specifically go into nozzle mods for the FF.

lazerhawk08

Post by lazerhawk08 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:28 pm

I would modd it but since im only 13 im afraid im gonna screw up the gun and that would be $42 down the drain...
I have trichotillomania (trik-O-til-a-mAn-Eu)
Which meens i rip out my hair uncontrollably...its emotionally depressing...
If anyone could help...PM me...

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:24 pm

You honestly spent $42 on a Flash Flood? Mine was $15, and IMO anything above that is a rip-off. Also, theres a very good chance that your triggers will eventually break anyway, it happens to most soakers with Max-D triggers.

I'd suggest getting an adult to help with the drill if necessary. Either way, just make sure you select a drill bit that isn't too large, don't drill too deep (about 6mm to 8mm down I believe), and keep the drill straight and centered. The screen, however, shouldn't be too much trouble.

Well, just making suggestions if you decide to go with the mods.

Now back to tactics. Since after using the flood, you'll obviously need to re-pump; anyone who realizes that will usually charge after you. This is an opportune moment to strike back with a fully loaded and pressurized backup weapon, heck you could get people to go after you after releasing a flood that doesn't even hit the target, then switching to another soaker to get the hit as they chase you. I'd recommend using a CPS for this, something that'll soak them heavily, but a Tiger Shark or Orca should do the job. (the strap assists with carrying muiltiple soakers) If you're playing one hit kill, you could even use a WW or Max-D pistol clipped onto a belt as a sidearm, then draw it out as they pursue. Run out of the field to give time to recharge the FF.

Whether you're on soakfest or one hit kill, I would charge up the FF, use the regular nozzle for a bit, then flash flood (without it being at full pressure to avoid wasting ammo), switch to sidearm, use it to attack anyone who pursues (use ammo sparingly so that it can be quickly returned to full charge), then get to a distance and recharge the FF. By the time anyone happens to get in range again, the FF should be full, but even if you're still pumping it, it should have enough pressurization to fire off some tap shots at them.

Now, most of these tactics are based off my own ideas and experience, I'm not sure how they'll work in your own battles.

lazerhawk08

Post by lazerhawk08 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:51 pm

The $42 Flash Flood on amazon was cheapest thing i could find...my other flash flood was "accidentally thrown into a trash can on garbage day" my mom said...she cant lie worth crap
Last edited by lazerhawk08 on Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have trichotillomania (trik-O-til-a-mAn-Eu)
Which meens i rip out my hair uncontrollably...its emotionally depressing...
If anyone could help...PM me...

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Still, $42 is a lot for something that in my opinion isn't a very good gun. I haven't bought any stock guns since 2004 because frankly they haven't made anything worth buying. If they did, I'd jump on it--but they haven't.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.