leaky CPS 2000 mk. 2

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
furious p

leaky CPS 2000 mk. 2

Post by furious p » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:25 pm

Hey guys,

So, i inherited a cps 2000 mk2 from a friend but its got a small issue. it leaks quite a bit out the nozzle while pumping and it doesn't hold its charge after its pumped. i opened it up and cleaned it out, as it looked like it was dropped in sand or something, but it didn't fix the issue. everything else seems fine; pump is smooth, no other leaks, trigger seems to work nicely.

i've done a bit of reading and theres some valve somewhere that needs a bit of work. the main issue is that i'm reluctant to start hacking away at it in case i mess up such a rare gun. does anyone out there know how i can troubleshoot and fix it?

thanks

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:40 pm

Sounds like a trigger valve problem. Wrap rubber bands around the pin of the trigger valve, enough so that it can keep the valve down. Since you already opened up the gun before, this should be a piece of cake. Just get enough rubber bands to keep the pin held down, as I did this repair once on my 2100 but had to add in another rubber band later.

Edit: This article might help: http://www.sscentral.org/tech/repairs/otvr.php
Last edited by C-A_99 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:40 am

Before you do any repair you should take a look inside the trigger valve (which can be accessed without opening the whole gun, just by opening the nozzle(there are 6 screws). When I got my CPS 2000 mk2 it couldn't hold any pressure because the trigger valve had a problem inside.

Here is the thread: http://forums.sscentral.org/t3936/

If everything is correctly in place in the trigger valve, then you should try the open trigger valve repair as C-A_99 said.
Armory: AS Hydroblitz (x2), MI FlashFlood, STE TripleShot, XP Backfire, XP 215, XP 105, XXP 175, Big Bottle BLaster(x2), SC Power Pak, SpeedLoader1000, SpeedLoader 1500, SpeedLoader Double-Cross 3000, CPS Splashzooka (x2), CPS 1200, CPS 1500,CPS 2100, CPS 2000 Mk2, CPS 1-3-5

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Try an open trigger valve repair first. Actually, just open up the soaker and work the trigger a bit to see how the system works. When you locate the pin in the trigger valve that moves with the trigger, hold that in as you pump. If that stops the problem, then perform an open trigger valve repair.

I would not recommend opening up the actual trigger valve itself. The open trigger valve repair is a harmless repair that is completely reversible, and the method I've detailed above will tell you for sure whether or not the spring is the problem. Opening up the trigger valve takes more time and has more *potential* for problems...so don't do it unless it's necessary.

Don't worry about opening up the soaker. After all - you can't do any harm. The soaker doesn't work properly right now anyway, so it can't really get worse.