Replacement Part Needed- 2-Way Fast Filler

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
crazymomof4

Replacement Part Needed- 2-Way Fast Filler

Post by crazymomof4 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi,

I am a mom of 3 boys, and writing on their behalf.

We have 3 "Super Soaker Constant Pressure Super Charger Big Trouble" units that I purchased on clearance some years ago. They are old, but in good working condition.
My husband cleaned out the shed and we believe he tossed the 2-way fast filler devices bc. he didn't know what they were for. :rolleyes:

My question is this: Can anyone point me to where I could buy this replacement part -OR- is there another way to fill these super soakers w/o used the fast filler device?

Thanks in advance for any help given!

totokan

Post by totokan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:04 pm

crazymomof4

Post by crazymomof4 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:17 pm

Thanks for the reply.
This page only carries the "quick fill cap", which according to my research, is not the same as the quick filler device that you attach to a garden hose to fill the gun's tank.
This device is sort of tri-pod in shape and bright orange in color.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:45 pm

Welcome to the forums! :)

Right, that's only the cap...it's a shame.

Problems like this turn up quite often. The only sure solution is to build your own quick-filler, and it's been proposed before. It's essentially a PVC tube device with a couple of O-rings on it.

However, if the creation of such a device has been done before, it hasn't been documented (as far as I know). Unfortunately, I can't really help with getting the right sizes because I don't have a quick-filler.

I believe JLspacemarine started building a replacement quick-fill device. Ben might also have offered to take a shot at it once. I don't know how these attempts turned out though. Sorry, and I hope you get the problem fixed! :)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:33 pm

Hmm, I might consider building one of these myself since I only have one filler. (yet we have about 4 SC guns we normally use) I too, also have to look around for/measure diameters, etc. For now, I think something like this would work:

3/4 female adapter to ball valve to check valve to nozzle

The 3/4 threads thread nearly perfectly to hoses and perfectly to chargers, etc., and then a ball valve can be used to "turn off" the adapter. True, it's probably possible to create one just like the chargers that shut off automatically, but that would take too long to set up. Also, the check valve probably isn't necessary, but I put it in there anyways. (the SC system already has a nozzle piece that acts just like a check valve)

Try some measurements on the area around the SC nozzles and see if you can compare them to various PVC sizes. I'll have to do the same thing myself.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:19 pm

Looks like Ben posted some measurements once when a homemade QFD was suggested. Sounds possible after all. I've got a feeling Ben will be able to build these or make kits, at least, if and when the SSC store gets started. But if you can make one, then all the power to you.