Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > Off topic
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 12-03-2003, 04:08 PM   #1
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1
http://www.ibplanet.com/
I've installed several skins, but what are your favorites? Also check out that site above, and tell me any skins you want installed. Hyper, I'll tar that file and upload it eventually, most likely this weekend.
About the new skin... I've been thinking... I like SemiSwirl, but the titles are screwed(talk about self promotion), and I want the profile view like iKonboard, like it is in BlueGray. I also want a few slight other things different, mostly navigation and some small code changes. I'm thinking I'm going to make a copy of SemiSwirl, but change the graphics around, and do a lot of code hacking. What I'm planning will sorta be SSC's design+SemiSwirl+BlueGray. Does that sound good?

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 06:28 PM   #2
superstormer

UserID: 11

I use BoHeGeHa.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:09 PM   #3
Hyper_9

UserID: 51

Ditto... Just please, I spent a while making that skin, And if you upload it and you truely think it sucks, can you use some of the graphics in the new skin? Not that much, but the pips and S new/old [at] least?

Thanks,
Hyper9

P.S One of the things I HATE about big Gray is that It doesn't show what post the last post was made in in the overview.... That and I don't really like light colors or a forum skin... But I digress....That is but my personal taste......
Hyper_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 09:14 PM   #4
Ben
Founder

Exactly why I've got multiple skins here.
I've been testing some stuff in the (beta) SSCentral skin, and I need some help. How do you change the background of a <div> thing? I've looked in the CSS, I've tried common table things in that tag, but I don't get it. Mist, I know you could help.
Oh yeah, anothing thing about the forums; smiles. Tell me what ones you would like and would use and I'll install them here. Check them out at that site up there. I'll also add the soaker smilie this weekend, so stay tuned...

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:17 PM   #5
Ben
Founder

Still working on the skin... It's gone a long way. If there are any button sets at ibplanet that you personally like, post them here and I'll see what I can do.

Old 12-05-2003, 09:27 AM   #6
Ben
Founder

Cool

Yep, still working. It's starting to look like I want it to.
Hyper, good idea on using the S as the post thing, but I'm not going to use those images. Freakymist can make it higher quality because he's the one who made the text. It would look better. ^_^

Old 12-11-2003, 06:17 PM   #7
Hyper_9

Quote:
Originally posted by DoomSoaker@Dec 3 2003, 06:14 PM
I'll also add the soaker smilie this weekend, so stay tuned...
Still waiting......................
Old 12-11-2003, 07:11 PM   #8
Ben
Founder

Oops. I forgot. :Hey, that's funny.:

Old 12-11-2003, 09:02 PM   #9
Neuro
Retired Moderator

UserID: 30

since this is "off-topic", my exact words: HOLY XPBackfire-esque! I just started working on my desktop again, and I can ACTUALLY see the forum listing without scrolling! yayz0r! that, my friends, is the difference between a max resolution of 800x600 vs. 1280x1024

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Neuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 03:00 PM   #10
Neuro
Retired Moderator

Code:
<div bgcolor="?">

tried that?

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Old 12-12-2003, 09:34 PM   #11
Freakymist
Co-founder

UserID: 3

Nah, I helped him it had to do with the css
Old 12-13-2003, 11:24 AM   #12
Neuro
Retired Moderator

good, I suck at all kinds of dhtml.

Old 12-13-2003, 01:36 PM   #13
Ben
Founder

The CSS stuff was the only place I didn't look when I was trying. :Hey, that's funny.:

Old 12-13-2003, 08:29 PM   #14
Hyper_9

Stupid Q: Couldn't we do something like the nav on the site, to make it seem like less of a tranisition between site and forum?
Old 12-13-2003, 09:07 PM   #15
Ben
Founder

Yeah, I was planning on doing that, I just need to edit the skin a bit more and I can do that. I currently don't have the time, but I will do it. Thanks for the reminder.