I need help on bases

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
DuckArmyLeader

Post by DuckArmyLeader » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:09 am

I searched a couple of times and could not find anything on portable bases I live in a city and there are no good battling fields :( so me and my friends go to a park to fight it's ok but we need bases can you please help me thanks in advanced.
Favorite game:Capture the flag

Allies
The Black Wolves
Rapters

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:54 pm

Portable bases eh? Could be tricky to make.I would suggest finding a tree in the park, and basing around that, or if that's not possible, use a wall and have a semi circular base.

To give precise instructions, I would need to know the amount of people you have on your team. However, for a portable base, you would need to use cardboard boxes or similar for the structure and then cover it with some sort of heavy duty material like tarp. Unfortunately this wouldn't be too strong.

An alternative if possible, get a small swimming pool (one that is supported by poles that you just slide together and build that quickly), it's designed to be waterproof so it would work. Or you could use a tent (one with window flaps would be better for sniping).
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

DuckArmyLeader

Post by DuckArmyLeader » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:13 pm

Thanks, we have 3 people on each team(there are 2 teams) and I have a little Batman tent from when I was little but it might fit 2 at the most, I think I might have a pool in my attic, oh and I just remembered we might have one more person joining, Thanks again.

Allies
The Black Wolves
Rapters

soakup

Post by soakup » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:13 pm

I once used a tent and never again will I do that the tent may collapse from a water baloon or two(actually I do think that it may work on second thought it may do well as a storage but not a shelter). Try this visit your local petsmart or petco and get a size extra large dogloo( an igloo shaped dog house made of hard and sturdy plastic they weigh at most two pounds and wind can't topple them because of thier shape)put the dogloo by a tree then take your batman tent and position it by the dogloo facing the opposite direction of where waves of attackers will come and set a mine in front of its entrance.try to move a large rock next to the tree and make the rock and tree a bunkerthen if you can hang water baloons on the tree's sturdy branches and tie the branches to a rope so that if anyone if moving in on the man in the bunker all he needs to do is pull the rope and water baloons fall on the enemy.

try to move minor obstructions to the site obstructions may include pine leaves, rocks an empty boxes. and try to make a bunker in front of the entrace of the dogloo for a bunker with overhead protection.
sponge+James Collins+ water=soakup

DuckArmyLeader

Post by DuckArmyLeader » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:29 pm

Thanks Commander Gaunt and soakup for your help :)

Allies
The Black Wolves
Rapters