Big Trouble + Flash Flood

Threads about water gun modifications.
Godzillasoaker65

Big Trouble + Flash Flood

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:51 pm

This isn't anything too amazing at the moment, but i'm working on it. I was pretty bored yesterday, so I went to my garage to some old parts from various soakers. I remember reading about all the integrations done with spherical CPS bladders, and I started thinking about Cylindrical CPS integrations. . . and I ended up looking at a Flash Flood Bladder, a CPS 4100 bladder, and cracked open a Big Trouble backpack. Very convenient for me, when I took off the Flash Flood bladder, the purple house to the big trouble fit perfectly into the connecter where the Flash Flood's bladder used to be. The only problem of course is that in my previous modding extravaganza with the Flash Flood, those crappy Max-D valves broke, so if I ever want to use this, I'm going to have to cut away some of the casing and use the lever on the upper valve (which i'd rather not do). Other than that, all is good with it. It goes around the same range as a flash flood would, but don't hold me to that because I didn't actually measure. The shot time, with 60 pumps was 21+ seconds (that took 2 full tanks, and I wanted to try a riot blast before I ran out). That was also with a custom nozzle, around the size of the biggest XP 310 nozzle. My main question is: Is there any new CPS gun on the market anyone would suggest trying to put the backpack on? I don't think they sell Flash Floods, and i'd prefer a gun without Max-D valves because in my experience, they ALWAYS break under stress. I was thinking of putting it on the CPS 4100, but I don't know how hard that would be, and even if I did my trigger broke. But anyways, when I do get a final product i'll post pics and get some more accurate stats up.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

SSCBen

Re: Big Trouble + Flash Flood

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Interesting modification. I remember something similar Boltmaster Zero did a few years back. Maybe I should find it.

From what I know few water guns sold today don't use Max-D style triggers. Any XP water guns still on sale should be fine to use. I think the XP 270 and XP 70 are still being sold.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:38 am

Nice mod. 21 seconds of shot time is really good. I really wish Hasbro had just made guns like the Flash Flood right the first time and had actually given them a sizable chamber; this mod gives the gun pretty much what it needs. The companies should really learn that 250 mL pressure chambers don't help that much; Even 500 mL is much better and well worth the extra pumps. Same goes here. I'd take those extra pumps any day for this kind of result.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Yeah, i'm really happy with the 21 second shot time, and the fact that i'm not going to have to use the QFD for the Big Trouble. I never really thought of using an XP gun. . . I still have an XP 310. The only problem I see with that is the extra pressure chamber. I could just leave it on, or I could take it off completely and fill the hole in with some plumbers epoxy. So far I guess the plan is connect the hose to one of the pressure chambers, leave the extra on for now, put the big trouble in a backpack with a few 2 liters as a backpack mod, and that's it. I should be trying it by the end of next week.

EDIT: I got ahold of an XP 270 from my friend. I'm going to try that instead, i'm not really crazy for the idea of my 310 becoming a backpack gun. This should work fine though =]

EDIT 2: I'm done! I just did the obvious I guess, took off the PC from the 270, and glued the tubing on there. Everything works fine, and it takes 90-110 pumps for the bladder to be completely full. I noticed the range was a lot worse than when I had the bladder hooked up to the Flash Flood, so I drilled the nozzle. This did increase the range atleast 5-6 feet, but my shot time went from 1 minute 4 seconds to 30-35 seconds. And I don't care because 30-35 second shot time is nothing to complain about. The only thing left to do is make a resevoir expansion, due to the gun needing to be filled twice. I'll post some pics and a video in a little bit, I don't have my camera at the moment.
Last edited by Godzillasoaker65 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!