mods for my defender

Threads about water gun modifications.
bonzipon14

mods for my defender

Post by bonzipon14 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:30 pm

I need a possible power mod, nozzle mod and a pump mod maybe?...
just post it and let me know. I already took it apart so that don't matter to me. Also just a question, is it just that nobody posts defender stuff or does nobody have one except for me??!

also because i cant really do any mods until my gun is fixed could everyone go to this place: http://forums.sscentral.org/t4666/#post36977
Last edited by bonzipon14 on Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:06 pm

You'll find it difficult to find documentation for power modding small guns, as it is a widely held view that such mods are not worth it. Now with that said, there are situations where changing the function of a pistol may be useful. My own Defender can match the range of my CPS 2500 and all it took was a careful, clean nozzle drill 1/3 of the way in. Other than that, you could disable the PRV, but I don't see the point.

Keep in mind that such a big range improvement comes at the cost of something else. Every mod is a trade-off. In this case, shot time of the pc was cut in half, as the nozzle also produced greater output. The length of time before needing a refill also basically got halved. Since I personally do not use pc shot time [there are several types of "shot time"], and do not mind the faster use of the reservoir [my Defender is only for specialized sidearm use now], I went ahead and did the mod.

So basically, if you value pc shot time and reservoir capacity, do not mod your Defender. If you value range, output, and do not mind using the gun in different ways than it was meant to be, mod the crap out of it. The choice depends on your style of fighting and overall preferences.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!