Monster XL repair, broken nozzle screw

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Chewie

Monster XL repair, broken nozzle screw

Post by Chewie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:28 am

In the middle of painting a somewhat old Monster XL, I came across a rather serious problem. The screw on the right barrel which holds the blast selector in place had snapped. The head was completely missing (I believe it came off during shipping) and the body of the screw stops a few millimeters from the top. I don't have pliers nearly thin enough to grab the screw (the shaft around the screw is about 4mm wide), so I was hoping you folks could recommend an alternative. I hope to have it functional by late august, when some water-blasting fun will ensue. Currently, the gun isn't terribly functional, and I'm stuck ;) with my CPS2500.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:00 pm

Any pictures? No long phillips head screwdriver will do the trick?

And I take it that one of the nozzle selectors is permanently gone? How does that nozzle perform?

Chewie

Post by Chewie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:37 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Any pictures? No long phillips head screwdriver will do the trick?[/quote[

I don't see what exactly a phillips would do, since there is no longer a head on the screw for it to grip.
And I take it that one of the nozzle selectors is permanently gone? How does that nozzle perform?
I have the selector, it just has nothing holding it in place, so if I fire the gun it would fly right off. All I'm missing is a functioning screw.