broke flash flood

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
andrewajt62

broke flash flood

Post by andrewajt62 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:39 pm

it shoots water wen i pump it, plus only a few feet and i cant use the flood option, though i dont really care that much cuz im gettin the aquashock artic blast in the mail in a couple days,and i have the max infushion backpack
My Armory, Shieldblaster 5000, Shieldblaster 3000
, Aquashock Arctic blast, Broke Flash Flood, Max Infushion Backpack, Sneak Attack Blaster.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:41 pm

Yup, the FF's infamous trigger comes up again. Open up the gun and replace the (most probably) broken trigger springs with rubber bands.

To open up, you got to take down all the screws. (be especially aware of the ones under the Flood trigger) After that, be wary of the nozzle caps. There are screws inside you might be able to undo, otherwise you might be able to pry them out if they happen to be able to slip through. Then get rid of the pump cap. My prefered method of doing this is to use a flat-head screwdriver and hammering it to create a seam. The seam should be a straight, vertical line along the frame, so to allow the frame to split up.

After that, find rubber bands (extention springs work better if you can find them, if not, don't worry too much about it) that won't break easily and wrap them in. If the problem isn't the spring, you might have to glue something together. Study the trigger system and how it works, and reinforce and glue together whatever's necessary. In most cases however, the problem will be the spring so don't worry too much about this.

For the Flood nozzle, I assume the spring weakened up, at least mine did. I haven't had luck reinforcing it with rubber bands. The best I was able to do was to reverse the spring, which helped quite a bit. But for both triggers, you have to pull them fast; if not, they'll be more likely to lock up.

Good luck with the repair.