Monster X trigger "jamming" problem

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
The Stealthy Panda

Monster X trigger "jamming" problem

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:43 pm

My Monster X is broken. Again. It had a leak, for which the glue is drying as I write this. That is not my main concern. For a couple of weeks now, the gun has *sometimes* not shot when I pulled the trigger :confused: (possibly from my attempted execution of Joannaardway's "hair trigger" mod. The trigger and trigger valve are now connected by a string. ) My friend says that this gun was my best one before falling into disrepair (the gun, not the friend. :p ) I'm in some pretty serious XPBackfire-esque here, and I need y'all to put on some rubber gloves and dig me out.
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:07 pm

Do you have any pictures that we could use to help you or for the site update? Thanks in advance. :)

Open up the water gun (actually, it sounds like you have) and pull the trigger a few times. Just look to see if anything happens that shouldn't be happening.

Also, when putting the water gun back together, make sure that the fulcrum for the trigger lever is in right. The trigger pulls on a wire that pulls on the lever, and the lever pulls on the rod in the actual trigger valve. The fulcrum is a rod that serves as the axle for the lever. It should have a hole to go into in each side of the shell (some water guns are different though), so make sure it's aligned right into the holes.

And consider taking a look at the trigger pulling problems article. Remember, the first place to check for information should be the actual site (and other sites), not the forums.

Good luck with the repair! :cool: