Water Warrior Lightning

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
totokan

Water Warrior Lightning

Post by totokan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:41 pm

First off, let me say hello, I'm new here. Also, if this is the wrong place for this topic, please move it.
I recently inherited a broken Water Warrior Lightning. There was one original problem, the trigger didn't close right. I fixed it using the rubber band method. In the process of removing the parts, I broke the valve that connected to the pressure gauge, leaving an open hole in the piping that I must now seal. I have two questions:
1) What is the best way to repair this?
2) Besides 'Check Valve' freezing, are there any ways to increase the power of this gun?
I read the article about the so called 'k mod' and it said for water warrior guns, one should use a spring mod. Anybody have details? I searched, but found nothing.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:12 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! I've moved the topic to the repairs section, no problem. :cool:

First of all, how big is the hole? Is it round or is it more of a crack? Do you have any pictures? Normally we'd just suggest filling the hole with epoxy glue, but if it's a very large hole, you can stick a chunk of wood or plastic in there and then use epoxy.

Pressure release valve disabling (PRVD; the same as a CVF, but with better terminology) generally helps with air pressure guns where extra air or water is released when you have too much pressure. But constant pressure guns require you to increase the power by adding rubber.

Spherical CPS water guns use K-mods (balloons); cylindrical CPS water guns use colossi (rubber tubing, like inner tubing for bikes). But because both of those systems were patented by Hasbro, Buzz Bee Toys developed their own system - Hydro Power. It's essentially a thick rubber sheet strongly clamped to a surface. People have suggested using a spring to help hold the rubber sheet back and create more pressure, but I don't know how well that would work. People have also suggested extra rubber sheets, but I can't see how you'd clamp the sheet to the plate.

Bottom line: It's not very easy to power mod Water Warriors guns.

totokan

Post by totokan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:27 am

Ok, thanks. The hole, since it was just a part that snapped, is completely round. I fixed it by using a yellow electrical cap to cover it, and then I tightened it with vice grips. The gun works, but I have new issues.
1) Rubber band doesn't work, the valve seems to move slowly and not return to position.
2) Leakage around the nozzle selection. I can't figure this one out, why does it leak? The nozzle selector is in correctly, but there is no 'lock' to tell me when it's in place.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:45 am

You might be missing pieces around the nozzle selector that lock in place. There are supposed to be 2 pieces placed on 2 springs placed in 2 sockets, just like any old nozzle selector. After that, make sure the screw is in. (though it may not be absolutely necessary but should help.)

totokan

Post by totokan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:48 am

The selector broke, so I had to remove a screw to repair it. I didn't think it got screwed up by that. Any way to get a replacement?
EDIT: ARGH! The same issue that plagues this gun's main trigger is now affecting my Flash Flood's secondary trigger (the flood release)
Last edited by totokan on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:19 am

You could try emailing Buzz Bee Toys for a replacement. Hasbro used to send replacements for their guns, so these guys might too. :)

Sounds like you'll need more rubber bands. Perhaps you should try using a spring, as it might not lose strength so quickly. The selector should have been fine as long as you tightened the screw as much as possible afterwards.

Yeah...Flash Floods get this problem quite often. Actually, many newer water guns do...it's quite frustrating.