Tank Water War.

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Mutton

Post by Mutton » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:42 pm

My 3 friends and I got my go-kart and had a war with it! I drove While Taylor shot. We were against his older brothers Carl and Dakota. They jumped out at us and I only just drove away. When We got to the bottom of a hill I jumped out and squirted Dakota and then sped down hill. We stopped to refill at my bunker only to be ambushed again. I drove about 600ft away and then parked sideways so we could get cover and made a last stand I squirted Carl while Taylor shot Dakota. I think we won but Taylor thought my plan sucked because he was soaked!
I'm from Scotland and I like Haggis!

sogoie

Post by sogoie » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:58 am

you should add armor on your kart a trailer or something it can pull to put people in or equipment, and a turret

next time try doing drive byes from thier rear or when they're reloading, and drop people off like if it were a blackhawk helicopter or something

powersurge919

Post by powersurge919 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:27 am

Thats the same thing we do in WW with our go-karts
it works good and all but your enemy will know your coming by the sound of the engine.

Flannel

Post by Flannel » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:20 am

I know this is old!
But this is also important.

Safety first.

We have big hills where I live,
and I had this little go cart of mine (no roll bars) very small...
and I was going down this REALLY big hill, (which I normally go down no problem) well this time it was different (unknown to me at the time, one of the screws on the intake manifold came loose and fell off, therefore air by passed the carburetor and went staight to the engine, making it go much more fast than usual But never do this because it is hard on the engine and dangerous...)

So I am crusin down this hill at top speed thinking "I might die just for this?"
Deep ravines are on the sides of me and who knows whats comming on the other side of the hill you are comming up to...

Sorry if it sounds like I am rambling but is past 1:00 here and I am pooped, but the lesson of the story is...

Always be careful with your go-karts as they are the only 100% proven thing in a super soaker war that can kill you.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:45 pm

I like the idea. However as Flannel says, it's dangerous. On the topic of self-injury, does anyone use bikes in water wars?
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Flannel

Post by Flannel » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:53 am

No, not really.

What has been your experience with them?

It seems like trying to hold a gallon of water and a supersoaker and balance a bike at the same time could hurt a little.

Could you elabortate on tatics?

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:43 pm

Well, I don't do it often, (actually only about two or three times), but the idea is to use the greater speed to your advantage.

All of the tactics given hereafter can be dangerous, and none are recommended. You use them at your own discretion.

Mountain bikes are the best option for a bike to use in a water war.

There are four main tactics:
1. Ride by

This needs the most skill at riding and decent co-ordination.

Simply, with a light soaker in one hand (possibly modified to fire a shotgun like blast) ride past, squirting water at the target(s), escaping quickly to avoid retaliation, and before the PC runs out. (as you can't pump while riding)

2. Point attack/defence

Ride to a location, and while across the bike, (but with your feet on the ground) fire at whatever target you choose. As you are still "on" the bike you save time getting on and off it. Pumping is possible.

The remaining tactics do not involve firing from the bike.

3. Outmanoeuvering

Using the greater speed of a bike, one can get to a location quicker than a foot soldier, giving you a time/location advantage. Experienced riders will be able to traverse more difficult terrain.

4. Hit and run

Ride to a location, and leave the bikes a short distance from your goal. Attack, and when a defense is rallied, run to the bikes and escape.

There is also a minor tactic:

Logistics

Using a bike, one can deliver supplies more quickly to where they are needed. Carrying several litres of water to the front line is better done faster.

If your bike has a rack over the rear wheel for carrying stuff, then bungie a soaker or two to it. Also applies to tactics 3 and 4. Pannier bags can carry further supplies.

Actually, I might make a homemade designed to fit into a pannier, probably of the pressurized reservior type. It would have a long hose, which would then feed into a hand held gun.

Guns along the line of the SC power pack should have no problem on a bike, just remember you are carrying a heavy backpack.

Bikes are fun to use, and add an extra layer to tactics, but they are dangerous, and many riders will be offbalanced by carrying a stone or more of soakers. Take extreme care, unless you really know what you are doing. Experienced mountain bike riders should be able to cope.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

13lack-ace

Tank Expert

Post by 13lack-ace » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:56 am

Don't worry THE 13lack Ace is here!!

Ok, people have said building amour. I use to make tanks with heavy water ballon cannons ontop. You could just design a new type, use wood PVC pipe, etc. Equip a massive tanks and wait in a road *AMBUSH* then get you and your mates to go on the kart speed past the enemy shoot. Get them 2 follow u drive into the road. Park the GO-KART and say the line:

"hasta la vista baby"

at that moment open fire with everything you have got make sure you drench them before they hit the ground. :P

Hope it works
Last edited by Drenchenator on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Por favor, incluye todas las letras en la palabra hasta.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

''America loves a winner, and will not tolerate a loser, this is why America has never, and will never, lose a war.”

Johnyshotgun

Post by Johnyshotgun » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:46 pm

I disagree with using tanks, like Flanel stated they are dangerous, but they are slow sometimes and my curent enemies are quick, so its not an option. Also tanks cost almost 100 bucks.

Johnyshotgun

A another reply

Post by Johnyshotgun » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:00 pm

Tanks are not useful since they are slow, can only be used down hills unless carried by bikes and becomes very slow. Artillery is even better and it isn't very accurate. Check my other page if you can in training!

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Yep, tanks usually aren't very effective.

In the future, could you try avoiding resurrecting topics that have been dead for months? Thanks ;) . Also, if you need to add any information, just edit your original post. :cool:

Welcome to the forums!