Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water gun technology > Modifications
User Name
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Austria's best gunner and > Europe's best seller <
UserID: 2281
Default Improvement PC CPS 2700

I can remember that I saw a try on this but I just cannot find it, so I am just asking. A link would also be helpful if this has already been asked/tried:

Does anyone found out an effectiv way to improve the size of spherical pressure chambers such as the CPS 2700/1000/1500 etc...? I once read about this but that is months ago...

Any ideas so far? I have already though about removing the "pressure chamber's cover" which stops the Bladder from extending too much and reinstalling a bigger one. You could also try to widen the pressure chamber, but I do not know how, it should not look too crazy/ugly, though you can see the PC quite good...

I would also like to know if anyone knows how far you can go with such spherical bladders till they break down ? Any experiences/tests made ? CPS 2700 usually holds 800-900ml, so how much would be possible till it will be ruined or it will loose flexibility ?

Thanks for answers, get out with you experiences, do not be greedy...^^
-G-JiV- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
A Proud Geek
UserID: 2008
Default Re: Improvement PC CPS 2700

A PC expansion for the CPS 2100, it involves melting and stretching the PC case. I do not know what the long term affects of this mod.
soakernerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
UserID: 1400

Count pumps, when the pump stiffness suddenly rises sharply, that is when the rubber is at full stretch. You probably don't want to go to full stretch repeatedly though, it will wear the chamber out over time, instead about 80-90% of the size. A busted spherical chamber is harder to replace than a busted cylindrical one. (And outside the USA, getting latex tubing to replace a cylindrical one is hard enough.)
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:
cantab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #4
Austria's best gunner and > Europe's best seller <
UserID: 2281

ok, I will try the expansion as done with CPS 2100...But I must admitt, it looks ugly...WHat can be done to keep the plastics optical appearance? (i.e. glossy) How much should I wide out the chamber? 20 mm each side?(40 mm at whole diameter) ?
-G-JiV- is offline   Reply With Quote