Expected prices on eBay

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
SSCBen

Expected prices on eBay

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:34 pm

While this article needs some more commentary and more logical flow in its commentary, I've finished a guide to expected prices on eBay: http://www.sscentral.org/market/ebay.html

Because the guide is based on only what was sold on eBay, it is incomplete. There's no note of how many auctions ended without a bid, and from what I remember there were quite many. I would like to make another one base on more data. I'd also like to change the guide from total price including shipping to just price without shipping, but the data I saved before only had total price, so I had to use it here.

Despite it's shortcomings, this data should be useful to anyone who wants to buy water guns from eBay. The biggest thing this shows is just what most people seem to have known already. Water guns are definitely cheaper on average in the winter.

DX

Re: Expected prices on eBay

Post by DX » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:48 am

I used to have an attempt going to collect data on every single CPS water gun on Ebay. My mom convinced me that it was a waste of time and energy, so I ended up deleting the entire spreadsheet.

Anyway, I could potentially help fill some holes in the Wprices, especially with CPS guns. Since December, I've bought 2 1000s, 3 1200s, 4 1500s, 2 2100s, 3 XP 150s, 2 3000s, 1 3200, 1 2500, 1 XXP 275, and God knows what else. There's several holes that could be filled, not with much, but with something. The asterisks next to the 2100 and 150 are just painful lol.

You're also missing an XP 250 that came through a few weeks ago, I thought about jumping out a window when I missed it's end time by about an hour.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Re: Expected prices on eBay

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:38 pm

I wouldn't delete something if someone told me it was a waste of time and energy when I didn't think it was.

Well, if those guns are still in your My eBay or whatever it is, let me know the prices and I'll update the ones that need updating. It'll help a lot. You can see the gaps and which ones only have one gun.