Site redesign and forum upgrade complete

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:01 pm

SSCentral has successfully completed it's site redesign and forum upgrade. I encourage you to check it out, see where soakerdom is going in the immediate future. A large amount of content was also added, there are over 30 new articles, and a completely new gallery with 130 images and 2 videos, the largest of any water gunning website. Among the new articles are new modifications, 5 new homemades and 1 rewritten homemade, tons of articles regarding water gun technology, new tactics, a new guides section and more.

I'm looking forward to see you there! Our forums still are the most popular, at least check up on what's happening lately.

- Doom
Quote from the email I just sent (twice by accident for a few of you).

Please use this thread to discuss our upgrade. Broken links/spelling errors could go in the appropriate threads of this forum. ;)

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:56 pm

Allright!
I don't check this forum anymore.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:01 am

How about some more skins... this one is killer on the eyes. :(
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:35 am

Originally posted by Soakologist@Nov 7 2004, 04:01 AM
How about some more skins... this one is killer on the eyes. :(
[snapback]18695[/snapback]

Yeah, and the topic bars are really big which means you have to scroll down lots. :(

BTW some people's avatars do not work and neither do the group icons.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:50 pm

^ I noticed that. We get MySQL errors when we try to change the group icons. The avatars I'll just have to upload again to fix hopefully.

We're in the process of getting more skins, I think Neo said he would. There aren't too many skins for IPB 2.0, but there is a BoHeGa skin and I do know that a lot of people like that one. There also is a converter to convert the old skins to the new format, but it also requires some manual work. I tried the old default skin, looked the same for the most part, but images were missing and some parts didn't look right.

Invisionize is the site to go to if you'd like to choose a few skins for us.