New Idea

General water gun discussion.
vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:28 pm

Wouldn't it be cool if you put a video camera on the side of a water gun, like for a sniping contest or trickshot contest?(It'd have to be water-proof.)

Then you could watch your shots afterwards, and if a screen flips out on the side, it would be like a crosshair thing, or the camera on the land warrior rifle.

But it would be awesome watching your shots on a tv if you did really well and didn't miss a shot.

Please discuss.

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:38 pm

Seems like a good idea to me. Too bad I don't have a video camera.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:43 pm

Even a digital camera would be neat. Mine has digital zoom and a nice-sized LCD screen on the back. It can shoot ~16 frames w/o sound. The best thing is its *digital zoom*. If you aligned it right, you could use it as a scope!
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:02 am

Originally posted by trekkie00@Nov 30 2004, 07:43 PM
Even a digital camera would be neat. Mine has digital zoom and a nice-sized LCD screen on the back. It can shoot ~16 frames w/o sound. The best thing is its *digital zoom*. If you aligned it right, you could use it as a scope!
[snapback]19658[/snapback]

Thats if you want to ruin the camera. im not saying its a bad idea, Im just saying that those tiny digital cameras Don't record much, and they are expensive.

Xray

Post by Xray » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:07 am

Jadefalcon is right, you'l have a heck of a time trying to waterproof it and if you Don't its garbage. Plus they arn't meant to be shaken around like if you were to run with it attached to your soaker it wouldn't last too long.

If you were to build a plexiglass case for it with foam lining the inside, seal it with cocking you might get somewhere - but its a lot of work just for that.

Good idea, but its just not realistic. :(

Blake

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:24 am

If you aligned it right, you could use it as a scope!
And if they shoot right, you no longer have a digital camera!

I do know I've said in the past that "sniping" or "trickshooting" contests on a forum are going to be hard to get interest as well as very easy to cheat on. Most don't have digital cameras or scanners. If someone really wanted to they could film on and on until they get a good shot as well. I'm not trying to discourage anyone, but this sort of stuff isn't going to work.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:02 am

It's a good idea, but you would need to do a lot of stuff in order to make everything safe. I'd try it, but my camera has been through too much to even think of it. Although, if you got it to work, it would almost look like a FPS super soaker style. :Hey, that's funny.:

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:03 am

I'm thinking an underwater camera would be the best choice for this. That way, it already is in some sort of bag and safe from water.

Nibor's making me think of some helmit cam or something. Imagine that during a way, taking it from the perspective of someone! Might make a neat effect for a battle video.

USSA

Post by USSA » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:11 pm

They sell waterproof digital disposable cameras at drug stores now, fully equipped with viewing screen, deleting is enabled and you have a memory of up to 24 (it think, may be 36) shots for about 30 bucks.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:04 pm

Wait. Do you mean a pisture camera or a video camera? Video would be funnier.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:24 am

I guess you'd have to strap on the helmet like a bike helmet. Just common sense, people.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:01 am

My impact video's
My cameras get really wet when I shoot those. I Just use my blast sheilding that I use when shooting effects and explosions. And water isnt nearly as bad for a camera as shrapnel.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------