Vaporizer = Somewhat Disappointing

General water gun discussion.
onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:26 am

I am dissapointed for the way it works...

Im complaining a bit because the vaporizer is not a great gun...
Im not too strong so I can barely get it too shoot 20 ft. or more.

Its capacity is great for the size of the gun. Im not so great with piston style guns...

Its very good for its cost but im a bit dissipointed.

Anyone else dissipointed with this gun or any other piston type for that matter?

This might be in the wrong forum but im not that great of a thinker. Don't make rude comments about what I just said.

EDIT: I would probably get a Storm 500 or 300 instead of this thing just as a co backup for my armory...
"If war is what your looking for, I know where you can find it... ya go to the corner of May St. and go inside Wars R Us."
-me

"A country cannot simultaneously prepare and prevent war."
-Albert Einstein

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" -Gandhi

Armory= Blazer, Vaporizer, 2003

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:48 am

Just quit your whinin'. The vaporizer is a pretty decent weapon. The power is ok for a weapon of it's size, my only complaint is it's reservoir size. So if you don't have enough strength to use it, go by an aqua squirtz and play with some kindergarteners, just don't cry when they cream you in a water war.

EDIT: spelling

onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:55 am

Im not lookin for a dang fight boy. Im just saying. And what the Hasbro HQ, are you a friggin critic. Im just saying. Im 12 years old and going through puberty, you think im not confused. Now answer me there, I see you can't. Im not looking for a fight.

Im saying its a good gun for its size but not the greatest backup in my opinion...

Yes I said In My Opinion. Im not looking for a fight (look I said it thrice so ill get my point across, do you even know what thrice means.) I will put up a fight if you are looking for it.

I just want a lighter sized co backup that won't take up much space...

The vaporizer IS a good gun. And before I got it it thought it woulda been smaller.
I like it, its probably one of the best 2004 line, and there is nothing wrong with it except that its sorts big and is a piston based.

God do you understand that...

Sorry for the arguement...
"If war is what your looking for, I know where you can find it... ya go to the corner of May St. and go inside Wars R Us."
-me

-Albert Einstein

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" -Gandhi

blaze

Post by blaze » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:13 am

Decoppi, I'm 13 and I can get my Vaporizer to shoot 35 feet. 19 feet is pathetic. You must be measuring wrong. A Cps gun shoots over twice that distance, and an XP shoots around twice that distance.

And cooldood, you're not very cool when you act retarded. Just don't, or you'll get banned before you can say sorry. I know. I've been banned and r/o'ed so many times I've lost count. Read the rules and follow them or don't even bother posting here.

onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:22 am

Well actually I didn't really measure the range... :(

My gun might be messed because my dad can get maybe over 30 ft.
And hes strong.

I can get about 20 ft when its hard to pull/push and maybe grant about 10 more ft on that when its almost empty. (these are estimates)

One thing I hate about forums is how people argue with you for absolutly no reason. That was IMO not in generral (sp).

Thanks blaze for clearing that up.

I just am to lazy to go measure the range right now. Because its dark out.

And late.

EDIT: Also it was quite windy for the last 3 days.
-me

-Albert Einstein

Sky_T_219

Post by Sky_T_219 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:23 am

What are you talking about? I love this gun! I use it as secondary and find myself pulling it out a lot. Some reason's it is good as secondary, not primary:
1. reservoir allows lots of shots meaning it can really keep your opponent back.
2. Shoots at a good range for shots fired in a minute and resivor.
3. Other than other guns people use as secondary, this one can fit in my backpack. I like that fact meaning I can travel a lot faster. By I would still take a CPS 2100 as secondary none the less overall.
4. $4! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!
5. Quite light, so if backpack less, I make a strap and use it, and it barley cuts my running.

Anyways I like it, but it's my opinoin. My CPS 10k doubles its distance, but not how many shots it can shoot. We were playing capture the flag and my brother charged with one as his primary and hid behind a tree. My CPS 10k would of owned him. I would shoot but he'd take cover behind a tree and waste my ammo. I'd charge, so he'd peak out and use it to keep me back. I'd shoot but he'd hide again. He didn't come alone, he had another person run aside him. So if I charged him, his friend would charge. So the Vaporizer worked well for him in that situation, and it also improved his speed. Oh well, it's still not good enough for a primary, but I like it as a secondary.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><u>My Arsenal:</u>
<span style='color:green'>1x CPS 10000 (K-modded)
1x Triple Aggresor
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70
<span style='color :o range'>~More to come~

onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:27 am

It is a fine gun what I said earlier just disregard... I was mad because my Grampy died a couple weeks ago... so I had to take it out on something

And I hate fighting with people...

anyways

CAN SOME ONE LOCK THIS TOPIC (sorry for caps.)
-me

-Albert Einstein

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:49 pm

Guys, it's been said once, but I'll say it again: the entire 2004 line of soakers SUCK. Don't go whining about ANY of the 2004 line of guns, because we all know they are the worst yet.

EDIT-spelling
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:57 pm

I have to agree with Monsoon there. I know a lot of people like the 2004 line, but in my opinion the Vaporizer is the only decent gun put out. I ahte it when people say EES was worse. It wasn't. At least all of the EES were airpressure. half of the SoakerTag line is piston!
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:32 pm

I have to agree twith the last two posts.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:34 pm

Not only that, but the newer 2004 guns are made of McDonalds Happy Meal toy plastcs and material. Even the EES line was better made than that!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:05 pm

Yes, but don't you think in hasbro's eyes they are taking a step up? From a blinking novilty to something that looks cool. You have to admit, all the 2004 guns are durable and cool looking.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:01 pm

Monsoon just finished saying that the Aqua Squirtz this year were made out of flimsy plastic one would usually find only in a McDonals Happy Meal Toy. That is definently not durable. Also, I think that both the Helix and the Hydro Blade look ridiculous. The Vaporizer looks pretty good, the 3A is okay, and the Liquidator jsut looks like a Secret Strike which isn't the most exciting lookign soaker out there.

Also-Why does anyone care what a soaker look like? Both the CPS 2700 and the CPS 1500/1700 were ugly (in my opinion) but performed excellent ont he field.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:05 pm

"Use not beauty" Like I've said before, get a gun for its preformance, NOT because it "looks cool". Looks will get you nowhere soon.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:07 pm

But what if more kids compared the 2004 "XPBackfire-esque" to the older 1998 blasters? it's like comparing a K-modded CPS to a non K-modded CPS of the same type! If you compared the two, one would find the power of a 1998 blaster addictive, much like a K-modded CPS.