Geyser Gusher

General water gun discussion.
SSCBen

Geyser Gusher

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 29, 2007 8:32 pm

http://www.geyserguys.com/science.php

Interesting water gun. Whie it only operates in a pool or a bucket, it has quite some power. Perhaps something similar could be used in a piston water gun. ;)

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 29, 2007 11:13 pm

Neat. I had thought the Venturi effect was only applicable to gases, but I guess I was wrong. Not bad range for such a large-streamed, hand-powered cannon.

Nice find as usual. :cool:

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed May 30, 2007 7:27 pm

Weird.

I imagine that you could find ways of using the Venturi effect for a piston water cannon - don't know exactly how, but it could be looked into as a way of increasing water flow...
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:00 pm

Isn't that what those conicle nozzles do? Sorry if that seems new guyish, but just wondering.
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:58 pm

Maybe, but I feel the conical nozzles are mainly for reducing turbulence. Long, smooth faces with few sharp edges create fewer eddies. :cool: