Big Trouble And Power Pack

General water gun discussion.
Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:32 am

Lets give Hasbro a bid round of appaluse for putting the preasure gauge in the dummest place ever! (scarcasam) I mean really, you have your Power Pack and it feels pretty light so you go "well, mabye I have 20 seconds of shot time left and then it's back to the QFD." Then your opponent comes from behind and sees that you have no shot time at all left. So he walks right up to you with his puny 3A with your thinking "man, what a ****ing retard" and set the Pack to 10x. You pull the trigger and... a little dribble comes out and you start shouting curses while running as fast as you can to the QFD.

My point is that they should of put the gauge on the gun or somewhere where you can see it and the enemy can't!

Edit-Bad spelling

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:12 am

I think the point was so you can see how much is in the tank as your filling up. The Idiots at hasbro are too quick to think and make guns that have defects and useless gimmicks to them (e.g. the entire 2004 line.)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:54 pm

Man, that's the worst spelling of guage I've ever seen, and you did it twice! Uhh, learn to spell.

It might be possible with modding to move the guage to the gun part. Anyone with a PowerPak might want to try that mod. Spinner?

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:45 pm

uh doom, you spelled gauge wrong too... :mellow:
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:18 pm

The thing about the big trouble/powerpack pressure guages is that they are just the CPS PC with a orange line. To make a new Pressure gauge you would need to add a small CPS chamber to the gun or something.
Also if I am not correct, CPS creates an equivelent to a PSI. You could add a T barb, and some adapters to the hose, and then a pressure gauge. That might not work though.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:32 pm

Man, that's the worst spelling of guage I've ever seen, and you did it twice! Uhh, learn to spell.
[at]Doom: A. That is off-topic. B. You spelled it wrong too. C. It's not like you never spelled anything wrong.
[at]Blue: That woundn't work because of the fact that CPS has CONSTANT PRESSURE(god, it's in the name) so the PSI would stay constant too. :P

Edit-More bad spelling <_< <_< .

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:37 pm

Bleh, typos happen. I'm not saying that I'm perfect, I was just saying that when you spell something wrong twice it's not good. You also spelled pressure wrong twice now. Anyway, that wasn't off-topic, moderation of the forums is one of my jobs. At least 100 of my posts are off-topic like that.

I think what Smudge was saying would work just fine as long as everything is sealed fine. Tubing clamps and epoxy should make it seal.

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:34 am

Bleh, typos happen. I'm not saying that I'm perfect, I was just saying that when you spell something wrong twice it's not good. You also spelled pressure wrong twice now. Anyway, that wasn't off-topic, moderation of the forums is one of my jobs. At least 100 of my posts are off-topic like that.
Sorry for the outburst. I was check-valve freezing my 21K, and I just stuck my elbow in epoxy. :P
I think what Smudge was saying would work just fine as long as everything is sealed fine. Tubing clamps and epoxy should make it seal.
But wouldn't what I said two posts ago be a factor to the PSI-bar-thing. :huh:

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:26 am

Obviously, the PCs were designed to have an orange line gauge on them, so the filler can tell how full the gun is, and when to stop filling. While it is inconvenient to take the pack off and look at how much pressure is left, there really is no other place the engineers could have put the gauge. It would also be cost-effective if the orange markers indicated pressure, right on or near the PCs.

-jade

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:27 am

Originally posted by Doom@Jul 11 2004, 02:54 PM

It might be possible with modding to move the guage to the gun part. Anyone with a PowerPak might want to try that mod. Spinner?
An alternative might be to wear the backpack on your front. Unwieldy, but then it also acts as a shield.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.