Trigger valve

Threads about water gun modifications.
strongshooter

Post by strongshooter » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:03 am

Where can I buy a CPS 2100 trigger valve or find instructions to make my own?

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:41 pm

I don't know, however, Ball valves might work good, I need to get a Trigger valve for a 1500/1700.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:46 pm

You could buy a new CPS 2100 from Sports Authority and rip it from that. Or use that entier gun. ;)

If you want to make a normal trigger, you could make a highly modified version of this. You'll of course have to make it larger, to accomodate a large stream of water. ;)

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:51 pm

Well if you take the 2100 apart, you'll notice that it has a perfectly convinient 1" tube leading to the nozzle. It would be easy to get a ball valve, get a pvc cap, and epoxy the ball valve shut on the nozzle (you'll have to cut way the plastic from the case) with the drilled pvc cap at the end of it.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:21 am

God blaze. This proves my point that you didn't know how to make that homemade.

Anyways, down to whats wrong.
If there really is tubing coming from the PC to the trigger valve, cut off the trigger valve, and everything after that. If the tubing actually is 1". Get a 1 inch barb to a male thread Barbs are good, but don't hold much pressure unless combined with a hose clamp, so use a hose clamp. Get female to slip fit PVC. Make sure you use plumbers tape, or pipe dope to get a good tight seal on the threads. now get 1" piping and cut a 2" peice, and use PVC primer and glue to attach a ball valve. Then glue another peice to the other side of the ball valve, followed by a slip fitting to male threaded. Buy as many female caps as you want and drill multiple nozzle sizes.

If you want better stream cohesion, I've fixed Doom's straw design.
After you put the straws in, glue (epoxy?) a peice of mesh screen than fits well over the straws. If the screan is held in well, on riot blast the straws should not blast away.

P.S. In this place hot glue might work, but to get a good hold, it would take to much, and would require maintenace. I sugest plumbers epoxy.

P.S.S. hope that made a little sense.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:53 pm

Actually I was considering getting some mesh (the only reason I haven't done this is because I don't have any) and doing something like I did with the washer with the mesh. I just cut it to the same OD as the 3/4" PVC. That way I don't have to glue it. It will stay in just as well and be ready much faster.

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:40 pm

Hey BlueSmudge I meant the nozzle after the trigger valve is about 1" wide when you take off the outer casing of the gun, so you could easity fix an attachment on there.