Super Soaker Thunderstorm

Post by soakernerd » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:35 pm

Click for info

it sounds pretty bad, but is described as having a "thick, pulsing stream"

Ugh.

cantab

Re: Super Soaker Thunderstorm

Post by cantab » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:05 pm

The Water Warriors Jet uses three AA batteries and is piss poor. I'm not expecting good range out of the Thunderstorm - frankly if they manage to get a decent range from 4 AA batteries then they're showing engineering skill not seen from Hasbro for a long time. Certainly the stream won't be "thick" by large blaster standards, but I guess it might be tolerable for blasters of its size.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:15 pm

For a small blaster, give me a Hornet or Firefly any day. Actually, I would rather use even a piston gun than a battery operated one.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Great find! Now we get to see the blaster from different angles.

They claim that it's really "hot" and "awesome". Have these guys ever SEEN a CPS blaster?!? And when they say it's got a "thick" stream, what are they comparing it to? Squirt pistols?

I've seen saturator guns fire before, and their streams are about squirt pistol size. "Thick" Hasbro streams are usually around Quick Blast (and maybe Shot Blast) size.

I wonder if iSoaker can get hold of one, since a bunch of other people seem to be getting them.
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:58 pm

It seems that this guy was paid to say such things...Or may he really does not know what comes out of a CPS 2000...

I am sure this is not a good weapon, acceptable- maybe-, but sure not good. It will be as useful as a Shootblast or quickblast I think, so not recommended to buy...

But may I am wrong and it fires out a 40 X:: stream, powered by 4 AA Bateries... :D
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:37 pm

I can basically assure you that this will not be as useful as the shotblast. My friend has a shotblast, and it actually isn't that bad. The stream spreads and covers a larger area, and for close quarters soakfests, it is as good as the smaller water warriors.
This thing, on the other hand, has a long lasting stream, but the clips/magazines look like they hold basically nothing.

Given the likely range and output of this, it seems like Nerf is trying to introduce water into indoor nerf fights.

ugh.

Hyper

Post by Hyper » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:27 pm

I wonder why SS keeps making this kind of crap when they have all the patents and technology to re-introduce those large CPS / Monster blasters.

Oh well. The kids of this time probably won't even know what a decent air pressure or CPS blaster can do. There's just too much crap in the shops.
Resistance is futile. You will be soakinated.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:19 pm

They do what they think will make them the most profit. Frankly, blaster performance has nothing to do with how well it will sell.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:20 pm

cantab wrote:They do what they think will make them the most profit. Frankly, blaster performance has nothing to do with how well it will sell.
It is very sad, but totally right...

Why producing a powerful and big gun, with lots of mechanics in it, therefore expensiv, when you can make even more money by producing and selling loosy and cheap ones ?

Money is everything here...
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:01 am

soakernerd wrote:I can basically assure you that this will not be as useful as the shotblast. My friend has a shotblast, and it actually isn't that bad. The stream spreads and covers a larger area, and for close quarters soakfests, it is as good as the smaller water warriors.
This thing, on the other hand, has a long lasting stream, but the clips/magazines look like they hold basically nothing.

Given the likely range and output of this, it seems like Nerf is trying to introduce water into indoor nerf fights.

ugh.
It sounds like you're almost implying that the Shot Blast was useful.

Magazines (or magazine-styled replacable reservoirs) never, ever work well for water blasters. The shape is simply incapable of holding a useful amount of water.

Hyper

Post by Hyper » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:44 pm

I guess they perform similar to these. Back to the 80's indeed.

Maybe it's a wave. Then we have to wait out the crap until some new company re-introduces the CPS/Monsters to blast all the crap away.
Resistance is futile. You will be soakinated.