CPS 2700 Trigger Problem

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:58 am

When I got my CPS 2700 for my birthday last July I was really looking forward to using it. I think there are different marks of the CPS 2700 though, and I think I got the worst mark. I enjoyed using it but at the moment it will probably not be used in a battle much. This is because the mark I got was harder to use than the other marks. This was because when you pumped the gun it was a bit different but I could live with this. The big problem was that when you pump it to full the trigger is extremely hard to press. With both hands you just barely manage to fire. Is there any way I can make much easier to fire without using two hands forcing it to fire? Any ideas would be very helpful to me. Also, if anyone wants me to go into further details about the pump I will. Thanks for your time.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:45 pm

The only solution I have is to pump less. Your CPS 2700 must have a stronger check valve which increases the pressure to a hard to handle level.

It might be worth a shot to open up the trigger valve and take a look at the problem. The CPS 2700 is one of those water guns where the trigger valve is easy to open via a screwdriver. The giant seal there will be a little hard at first to put back in - just stretch it a little bit (not too much or you will break it) and you will be able to close the valve.

Alternatively, you could replace the trigger valve with one that doesn't get hard to pull when pressure is high such as a ball valve. However, I do not believe that is what you want.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:44 pm

Thanks for the advice. But I have just opened mine up and I think it may have been faulty from the first day I got it. The tubes that force the water through are folded and creased in areas making it harder to press the trigger. Also there is an incredible amount of rust all over.
Also, it leaks through the pipe that fires water.
Its a mess now and nearly useless.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:34 pm

Please resize your images to comply with our board rules. I'd also suggest focusing a little better on some of these images, however, I suppose that not all cameras can get a sharp focus up close. B)

I'd still suggest opening up the valve to see what's going on in there. That would be your best bet at fixing the trigger problems.

Fixing leaks can be relatively easy if you can identify the hole the leak is coming from.