Super Shot Blast

Threads about water gun modifications.
martianshark

Super Shot Blast

Post by martianshark » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 am

Does this look like like an ordinary 2011 Shot Blast?

...It isn't. Hidden inside this gun is a CPS system! This guide will show you how to take a Shot Blast and turn it into something that at least isn't a piston gun.

First, Open up your Shot Blast. This is complicated to do - there are several different screw sizes, and there's a shell over the main shell that's snapped into it. I forgot to take a picture of the stock internals, so here's a pic from Nerf Mods & Reviews.

Unscrew the back of the pressure chamber (the dinky little tank that looks kind of like an Airtech tank). You will find a plunger and spring inside. Take this out. Because of the seal, you may have to open the pull valve to get it out.

By the way, don't worry about messing up the trigger system or something. We're going to get rid of that anyway.

Epoxy a piece of 1" PVC pipe into the PC tank. I used epoxy putty.

Attach a pressure chamber to the piece of PVC. I used a rubber bladder from a HydroBlitz. You can use anything you want as a pressure chamber - even the stock one, although this would give it worse performance than it was stock. It might be an easier mod to attatch an air-pressure chamber, using a bottle or large-diameter PVC pipe. Here's my PC:

Now take out the water reservoir and put a good sized hole in the front of it. This is going to be the PC casing for my rubber bladder. Also, get the reservoir cap and tether out.

If you're making and air pressure chamber, skip this step - you don't need to touch the reservoir, but you'll probably have to put a hole in the top of your gun for your PC to stick out.

Now stick the bladder assembly into the hole in the reservoir. (if you're making it air pressure, skip this step too of course)

You need to make a trigger for your Shot Blast. I made my trigger by twisting a piece of wire onto the pull valve pin. Then I tied the other end onto the slide of a Nerf Strikefire. The Strikefire slide connects to tactical rails, so I can connect it onto the Shot Blast's rail. Then I can pull it back to open the firing valve. You need to cut a hole in the top of the gun for the wire to go through. This is just my method; there are many other ways to make a trigger system.

Now close the gun. Closing it is a lot harder than it was to open it You have to get all the parts in place, and you need to tear out a lot of the stuff in the way to get the new internals to fit. You will also need to cut a hole for the reservoir intake tube to stick out of.

...then snap on the inner shell...

...then snap on the outer shell...

...and then screw it all together, and put the pump grip back on. Also, clip the Strikefire slide onto the tactical rail if you're using my trigger system method.

You're done! Now hopefully it works... The first time I did this, there was a leak, and I had to open it back up and apply more epoxy putty. It works now, although it leaks a bit when you try do do an air-shot.

Unless you found a method that doesn't use the reservoir as the PC, you'll need a homemade water backpack.

Is this worthy of being submitted on SSC?
Last edited by martianshark on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cantab

Re: Super Shot Blast

Post by cantab » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:58 am

Excellent mod! It's sort of like a "sleeper blaster" - modified, but looks stock. Although people are only going to be fooled once, that's once you get to soak someone.

Would it be possible to seal the PC inside the reservoir, and have a setup analogous to the Vindicator? Might be a bit lacking in capacity of course.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Haha nice^^ But how do you pull the trigger ? With removing the automatical firing-trigger system, it will not operate anymore I think ...

I did somethign like that too^^ My shootblast got a PC of 600 ml, CPS. And a trigger, to pull, as all good weapons should have...! Aperance is changed a bit and it is a bit longer but works great :D

I can upload some pics if you want^^
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:43 pm

You shoot it by pulling back the orange thing on the top of the gun.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:00 pm

oo...My trigger is in the back of the gun, as traditional :D
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

BlueCharged

Post by BlueCharged » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:47 pm

If you want to keep the inboard water supply use balloons wrapped around the pc :)
My Armoury:
Super Soaker Thunderstorm (shoots to 25 ft), Super Soaker 50 (shoots to 50 ft)
To Buy (And Mod) This Year (2012):
Water Warriors Explorer, SS Electrostorm and SS Tornado Strike (REDO)