burried water bomb...Wait thats not a water bomb?!?!

General water gun discussion.

Is this a good idea?

Yes, Verry good
25%
Yes, But it could be better
38%
No, But good luck
13%
No, Its crap
No votes
Worst Idea Ever! (its been thought of)
25%

Total votes: 8

Alberio-Zomada

burried water bomb...Wait thats not a water bomb?!?!

Post by Alberio-Zomada » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:14 am

Well i was thinking (WoW!) that for another one of my half baked ideas trying to make a water gun out of a 2L bottle, a pump and 5FT of hose, and some tape. i cam up with this... A WATER MINE!! i don't know if anyone thought of this but this is how you make it...

1) Take the 2L bottle cap off
2) cut off the label
3) and then look for the cone part of the top of the bottle.
4) once you have found it cut along the bottom edge to make like a funnel
5) then take the hose and stick it into the "funnel" part of the bottle.
6) next you tape the hose in (or glue and tape your choice)
7) and then attach it to the pump (make sure that your pump is water proof)
8) ok, now make a linear hole about 6 inches deep (or like 12 and a half centimeters) and burry the funnel and hose into that hole but leave the funnel open.
9) now fill the hose and funnel with water (you can cover the funnel with tissue so that you can put dirt over it to hide it but not too much dirt)
10) hide and when your unsuspecting enemy come just pump away

now thats the hand fill way but to be even more fancy you could get some Hose or Tubing and put a 2 valve splitter at the pump end and make and extra funnel on one end and make the other splitter have the pump, so you have a funnel for the mine part. and on the other end you have the pump on one side and a funnel on the other, to use to fill from the firing end.

now to fire with the fancy one you have to fill it then turn off the filler funnel valve and pump then when your out turn the filler valve and fill, and repeat.
Feed back please
Cheer's mate, Alberio ;)
SUPER SOAKER! Damn i stepped in a puddle...
IM BACK! and im ready to set some tut's up! IS SSC READY FOR WATER GRENAIDES?

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:29 am

Unless you actually plan on doing all this work for one water mine (which might not even be used), then it's probably not worth the trouble. I find mines are a waste of time and resources for something that doesn't produce the effect you want it to. Another thing is that if someone was to run barefooted and step on this mine, they may cut their foot on the edges of the plastic bottle. In your case, you might just want to save the time and money and stock up on modded/homemade blasters.

Edit: I don't mean to slam all your ideas, it's just that I was in your position at one time too, and I also thought of all sorts of ideas that I thought would work and be good to use in a water fight. None of these ideas really went through in the end, which ended up being a disappointment to me. But remember, if you take something and ignore the critics and run with it, you could probably make something great
Last edited by Monsoon on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Alberio-Zomada

Post by Alberio-Zomada » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:06 am

Monsoon wrote:Unless you actually plan on doing all this work for one water mine (which might not even be used), then it's probably not worth the trouble. I find mines are a waste of time and resources for something that doesn't produce the effect you want it to. Another thing is that if someone was to run barefooted and step on this mine, they may cut their foot on the edges of the plastic bottle. In your case, you might just want to save the time and money and stock up on modded/homemade blasters.

Edit: I don't mean to slam all your ideas, it's just that I was in your position at one time too, and I also thought of all sorts of ideas that I thought would work and be good to use in a water fight. None of these ideas really went through in the end, which ended up being a disappointment to me. But remember, if you take something and ignore the critics and run with it, you could probably make something great
Well, thanks for the feed back and i love critics..because they help...in most cases. for the "cutting your foot" issue i think ill put tape or something over the edge now that you say that :D and for the "just one mine" thing i think ill make a min field like make a splitter to make up to like 5+ mins all infront of like a certain position. i love capture the flag with water guns so thats why i say mine field...like make then all infront of your flag and set them off right wen people come...make the flag in plane sight

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:41 pm

Well if you go through with this idea, I'd like to see if it works and how its made, because this is the best mine idea I've heard yet.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:05 pm

IMO, no one should ever be barefooted in any water war, if they are and their foot's cut, not my problem.

Anyways, I typically wouldn't like giving up a hose for this, nor would I be able to dig holes, but that's irrelevant right now. But either way, I found this to be a bit confusing. Do you mean a bike pump? How would that be attached?

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:29 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Be sure to report the results when you test the water mine - sounds quite effective. :cool:

CA-99, I go barefoot everywhere...on long dog walks, on runs even on roads (I don't recommend it though :p ), water fights, everything. Once you get used to barefoot it's hard to use shoes again.

Alberio-Zomada

Post by Alberio-Zomada » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:15 pm

:D thanks for the feed back!
Any way, ill be sure to give you guys some test results and i might take some pic's. also C-A_99 you can use what ever kind fits your "hose" like a bike pump, air matres pump, or any other pump personal i used a air matres pump but i think im gonna try a bike pump with the nozzle that you pump balloons and stuff with. Monsoon cool man thanks
Cheers mates, Alberio