Monster Xl Mods

Threads about water gun modifications.
big one

Post by big one » Wed May 26, 2004 10:01 pm

Does anyone know what mods you can do to a Monster XL, I want more power and extended range. this is my first post be nice please.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 26, 2004 10:56 pm

Welcome to SSC! There's several mods you can do to the MXL. You first should have checked out this site's mods sections. From there you would have at least known to do a check valve freeze and nozzle drilling, but if you read the other articles there is more you can do.

To strictly increase power, you could collosus it and maybe give it a check valve freeze if it is needed. To collosus you basically layer bike tubes on top of the pressure chamber. That makes it thicker and more powerful. You also could drill a larger/smaller nozzle on one of the nozzles you don't use. To make it smaller, you'll have to fill it in with something and then drill.

You also should do some mods to make the gun stronger, such as trigger repair (before it breaks), a pump seal mod, greasing, ect. There is a lot that can be done.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed May 26, 2004 11:09 pm

It will be extreamly difficult to colossus the MXL. It has two PCs right? Making it twice as hard. However, the MXL really does need more range. I've kept mine the same, not wanting to mess with it. Also if you are just starting, these are really hard mods to do.
I would advise getting a smaller CPS, doing a K-mod, a check valve freeze, and some internal reinforcement. Then you can move on to that badass MXL.
Some people sugest reading modding 101 first. You can, but the artical is worthless.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 26, 2004 11:21 pm

Actually, no one ever has suggested reading Modding 101 first (except for maybe me, but I doubt it). All I made that article for was basic mods people tend to do before advanced ones. Nothing else. ;) Nozzle drilling is the most important mod in that article, and a first mod for many modders.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed May 26, 2004 11:28 pm

I can't remember who. And I'm not about to go searching, but I have seen people sugjest modding 101 on at least 2 ocasions. I think you and Racer.
BlueSoak.net