Soakertag?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Elite Zero

Post by Elite Zero » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:39 pm

I never played soaker tag? Is it good? I need to know for AWWI (Antioch Water War One) The enemy general and I haven't set the rules yet
BEFALL TO MY UNSTOPPABLE SOAKER ONSLAUGHT!!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:42 pm

From what people have said it's interesting, but you also have to know that toilet paper will disintegrate when shot. ;)

What would be cheaper is counting a kill as the front and back of your shirt being soaked, once they are dead they have to get a new shirt of wait for it to dry.

Elite Zero

Post by Elite Zero » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:00 am

Yeah, but supplying shirts for your team would suck, that be like $100 cuz my team is growing more and more every day <_<

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:20 am

How many people do you have? You'd only need like 2 extra shirts, and the people could bring their own if they really need one.

Elite Zero

Post by Elite Zero » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:23 am

I'l try it, but my team already has camo uniforms (we live next to some woods)

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:01 am

I don't like the whole soakertag concept. For starters its more entertaining to keep the rules to a minimum. Also, with the whole soakertag thing, water battles turn into a 3rd class Laser-tag or paintball.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:54 pm

I agree with dark here. if you want something like that go out to a paintball place, rent a gun (it would usually be a tippman 98) and play for a while.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:20 pm

I have a friend who just got a Liquidator for his B-day. I can ask him.

EDIT: Oh wait, I went out to Wal-mart the other day and they had SoakerTag targets. The target is cheap, like clipping Toilet Paper to your arm.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Elite Zero

Post by Elite Zero » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:17 pm

<_< I Looked it up lastnight on the internet and it sucked.................... Badly

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:33 pm

I dunno it is kind of expensive but I like wwhat there trying to do. and if its fun or not can change from person to person.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:15 pm

Yeah, I agree. I have not played a ST based game yet, for all I know it could be the most fun ever. It is much more of a challenge to hit a target on a moving person, and these things do require pressure to get off, so it's not like bigger nozzles will win all the time, smaller nozzles tend to have more nozzle pressure. My modded Vaporizer that needs reinforcement has insane pressure on 1mm, much higher than my 27000 because the nozzle is smaller. If my 27000 had a 1mm nozzle, it would crush it though, it is a much higher powered gun.

Elite Zero

Post by Elite Zero » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:31 pm

I dunno, ill get some of my higher ranking recruits to try it, I Don't want to buy everyone a badge before I know if its fun or not <_<

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:05 am

If some of us would like to see nozzles again greater than 5X, then the Tags better not catch on. Large nozzles would be counter productive to the tags. Larger streams would hit those tags easier and desolve them after 1 or 2 shots. Users would realise that they wasted a tag(and &#036 ;) for a couple of shots. If the SoakerTag concept will be popular, then we can kiss large nozzles good bye in the Super Soaker line and it will move towards a laser-tag direction. Which means that lights and electronics will eventually turn up again.

On the other hand, if that will all happen, it won't matter that much since its very likely that Water Warriors will turn up with a soaker having a 10X nozzle next year. It might be the backpack one. Well, I would like to see some one using that model in a Tag battle, wasting several packages of tags.

Now I know that the CPS4100 is being sold with Tags this year, but its not part of the Soakertag line and all the re-issues with tags are with all likelyhood just leftover models which are repackaged or some factory molds are used one last time.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:18 pm

now that would be interesting, I wonder if hasbro sells their injection molds when they're done with them, we have an injection molder at school.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:56 pm

If WW has a backpack gun next year that would be great, backpack mods are a pain to work with. I'm planning on buying a Blazer and modding it this weekend, I'm also planning on building a piston gun from leftover parts (again). I've been thinking about calling the piston the "Rod of Doom" as a joke. The design is remotely based on the CWC with it's ability to use both arms to shoot it, that's why it's more powerful, it does not need to be made out of alluminum, that is just plain stupid.

I don't think the tags will get more destroyed with larger shots. Many small shots, even my Vaporizer before it was modded, are very high pressure, and the pressure lifts off dirt and other crud, larger nozzles are harded to because of their size. That is a possible reason SS only had small nozzles this year, to help get the tag off! The end result is the same either way, no larger guns from them.