Artic Blast pump is being weird please help me fix?

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
buckbi01

Artic Blast pump is being weird please help me fix?

Post by buckbi01 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:32 am

Ok so i have this gun which im not sure if it is an artic blast but it has a flash flood trigger thingy. Okay so i was using the pump very crazy and fast today and outta nowhere whenever i use the pump when i pull it in and out theres like no resistance at all and it wont shoot water no more.

I think the pump is the problem i know nothing about water guns but ill follow directions to fixing perfectly well.

Like theres no pressure or water being sucked up.

Silence

Re: Artic Blast pump is being weird please help me fix?

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:44 am

This water gun repair article may help you solve your problem. :cool:

Hope you get it fixed!

buckbi01

Post by buckbi01 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:03 am

That link doesnt help me but thxs. I jsut openned my gun up and the pump stick i think smashed into the white tube it suppose to go in and broke of a peice of the square looking slot so not it moves freefly i guess how do i fix it.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:12 am

I'm not sure what you mean by "square looking slot." Can you clarify that or upload an image of the broken pieces?

This is the best article I can link to for now, but check out the others while you're at it.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:30 pm

I believe the square part is the pump rod itself; it has a square cross section. However, I still don't know what exactly is wrong, so, buckbi01, please upload some good pictures of the problem areas. It's always easier to see the problem and identify it.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:58 pm

The question they asked: "ehy help my water gun is brokne i think its a hydroblitz but im not sure and im too lazy to look it up the trigger wont work plz what can i do"

The answer they expect: "Open the water gun up like in this video of me opening the water gun. The problem is a dislodged connecting rod. All you have to do is reconnect it just like in this series of photos..."

As we've said a number of times, details, photos, and what you think the problem might be based on what you know are not only helpful, but often necessary. We aren't magic; the situation above should seem ridiculous because there obviously are a number of trigger problems, not enough information was provided, and we can't possibly make guides for every problem on every water gun. I hope you understand. ;)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:35 pm

I think the pump seal may have detatched from the pump itself, since that has explained the lack of pump resistance for one of my guns. However, it was for a pressurized reservoir gun, and the problem is much less likely to occur on pumps that push water instead of air. (like on the Arctic Blast) Take some pictures so we can make suggestions. And please, clean up your posting with proper grammar and punctualization so that they're easier to read.