A.R.M. 4000 XL CVF & Collosus

Threads about water gun modifications.
Rook

A.R.M. 4000 XL PRVD & Collosus

Post by Rook » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:02 am

You may need to read this first:

A.R.M. 4000 XL Review

Well, I drilled the nozzle on my ARM, and it had little effect at first, so I tried the next bit size, and my stream is too weak. So, I decided I needed to do a Collosus on it.

PC From Side

Pc From Front

It measures 3 7/8" in length, with a 1 1/8" OD and a 3/4" ID (thickness of 3/8"). It's very small, and I don't think I can find inner tube small enough. Should I just get some LRT? I just need to find some really small inner tube. Sorry, I was told that they didn't make it that small, but it looks like it is.

Also, I managed to find out how to do a PRVD on it. Not that anyone owns one of these things, but here it is anyways. :p

Valve, pump shaft, and pipe nipple for PC

Here's the piece you'll need. What you do is detach the Biceptor piece, and carefully saw off the purple cap where the hose attatches.

The cap is at the top and left of the gun in this image.

Unscrew all of the screws on the biceptor, and pull out the assembly. You can easily remove the PC clamps, too.

To do a PRVD on this, saw at the red line shown here.

Be careful, so that you don't damage any of the tubing inside like I did. (I can fix it!)

Finally, Put some epoxy on the black dot in the red box here.

Now close the assembly up with some waterproof, pressure-proof epoxy.

Well, If you ever get one of these thing, you now know how to do a PRVD on it. Oh, and anyone who wants to use this on their site can, just give me credit for doing it.
Last edited by Rook on Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:55 pm

Nice article. Did you actually do the PRVD, and does it work? It looks very different from the PRVs in other soakers, so you'll want to be careful if you haven't done so yet.

Whatever you do to the bladder, make sure it's not too strong, or you'll have difficult pumping and you'll get a sore arm the next day ;) . If you can get LRT with an ID of 1.25" from McMaster-Carr, that would be great. They might not even have it that large, so you might have to check somewhere else. But inner tubing will work even if it is loose; it will just take a few pumps before it kicks in.

Good luck with the mod, and hopefully you won't have overdrilled or overcolossused it.

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:31 pm

I haven't done the PRVD yet, but I know that piece is it, the other one is a check valve for the pump.

Yeah, thay don't have LRT big enough. Do you think I could replace the PC entirely with LRT?

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:47 pm

Yes, you could replace the PC. But still, you don't want it too difficult, as it's fairly difficult to apply force with those muscles. I think inner tube should be perfect then if it's too small for LRT, as you would put it over LRT or an original bladder anyway. Plus, you can easily (well, maybe not that easily) fine-tune the strength by adding or removing the thin layers.