CPS 3000 modding article

Threads about water gun modifications.

Should I write an article on my CPS 3000 after I fix it?

Yes
50%
No
No votes
No Opinion
17%
BEER
33%

Total votes: 12

IntaMaarten

Post by IntaMaarten » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:52 pm

...because it seems very similar to other guns... so I don't know if other people would like a specific article... with mods, repairs, pics, ranges etc. ?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:05 pm

Please, when posting polls, stop and think a moment before doing so. This really didn't need a poll for it. If you want to right an article, go right ahead, if it contains good content, we'll consider it for upload onto the site.

However, making a poll with a "Yes/No" answer is not a good idea, as people might prefer to request certain aspects of an article.

And also, please don't offer inane options for a poll! They serve no useful purpose.

I'm considering locking this thread, as I doubt it will prove constructive.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

IntaMaarten

Post by IntaMaarten » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:10 pm

O.K. Cap! Sorry about that.

the main issue with me writing an article though is the very similar internals... thus I wonder if it is worthwile, and as I currently cannot decide, I would like to see how many people on here have a CPS3000 to see if there is a user base for it.

-and the BEER was a joke... sorry about that.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:22 pm

Welcome to SSC!
---------------
Board Guidelines
Welcome to SSCentral. Please be sure to read all the board guidelines.
That includes using proper spelling and grammar. This topic really is not necessary, asking whether you "should or should not" write an article. The decision is totally up to you, we do not decide if you write it or not. I agree with Spinner, useless poll choices as well offer spreading grounds for spam.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:51 pm

I voted Yes. If you want to make an article, by all means should you! What exactly will this article entail? Which modifications or repairs? I think the 21000 article we have is similar in some way. Specific gun modification articles still will be helpful.

IntaMaarten

Post by IntaMaarten » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:08 pm

Well, it is supposed to have the standard:
-inside pics
-detailed review (empirically established range measurements, shot counts (usage vs. output), mobility etc. etc.

...and I am considering a Colossus mod (that was the K-mod for cylindrical CPS PC's right?), and a hose connector repair (It has broken off numerous times) as I think I found a new and better technique to stick it on so I'll try it and add that too.

I had it open as it was leaking... VIGOROUSLY... (and since they arent available and it is/was one of the best guns around I simply refuse to dump it.) But for some reason when I pressurized it when I had taken it out of the casing the problem disappeared so I suspect it was a slightly opened valve or a poorly connected pump hose or PC... anyway it's gone so I will reassemble and test... I can't see any obvious problems now anyway.

-Post Scriptum - It makes an excellent flame thrower too... half a litre of lamp oil, a CPS3000, a lighter and a dark night can do wonders :) (pyro and proud of it - no damage to the gun AT ALL)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:15 am

Well get to writing it up, and send it all and the pictures to our submissions address (on the contact page of our site). Sounds like a feature-packed article I would be glad to add from what you've described.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:56 am

hrm, why lock the topic, wait for a fight to start then lock it..

sorry I haven't been around lately.. Mostly because of school, friends, ect.

Try to get some high quality photos those are always good. I have to agree with spinner about the poll.

Welcome to SSC!
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

IntaMaarten

Post by IntaMaarten » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:30 am

...in the meantime I did find the problem... the sealant on the seam on the tube from PC to valve was cracked on tht PC end, causing 5 jets of water to soak the casing... I am attempting to epoxy & kit it shut.

edit: I Don't have any stock pics but pics from fixing are good. I have my own web host so I can swap big files... but the photos the camera takes are H-U-G-E so how big shall I make them? (it takes like 1500x2000px or over)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:04 pm

That's actually around the size of all the pictures I took for this site. Of course, I do have all 800 megs or so of the pictures lying on my hard drive. If you'll need a place to put them all (if you're own host isn't enough) I could give you an FTP address located here at SSCentral to upload them to. We bought some 500 meg hosting and only use about 160 megs, most of which is hosted sites.

Remember, the larger the better. If you need to, you should crop the images before dropping the actual size of the images. Most of our images have been cropped. I do suppose a 800x600 size would be the minimum for best quality if you still plan on dropping the size.

IntaMaarten

Post by IntaMaarten » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:27 pm

I'll just cut out all the unneccesary stuff and send hi and lo res imagery.

BTW my site currently is very small... so I have like 140 megs to spare.. I sppose that is enough :P but thanks anyway

BTW I just burnt up a litre of lamp oil coming from my supersoaker last night... with a few buddies... that was COOOOLL!

its still leaking though not as much, so I'll epocy it this weekend and kit it on tues or something so it'll be really fixed by the weekend.