What Type Of Battle Do You Like Best?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Burnerboy

Post by Burnerboy » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:14 am

-_- There are several types of warfare and syncronized techniques of battle, I would like to try to classify all of the possible types of battles and scrimmages.
at the end I shall put them down and list my favorite :mellow: or you can also list your own. -_-

Supes Edit: A few spelling mistakes.
Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them your a mile away, and you have thier shoes-- someone.

Arsenal:
2x Cps 2100
1x Storm Typhoon force 2
1x Storm 650
1x Stream Machine

I dont have much but i dont use super soakers for my hobbie.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:28 am

I like a basic "grab your gun, run like heck and shoot the other guy(s)" game. Others prefer a larger and/or a more organized battle. I prefer to keep it simple B)
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:58 am

1HK with 3 lives. Keeps the game from getting pointless. Forces the use of tactics and the such. "Soakfests" may be fun, but become boring when one side is drenched. Capture the flag is cool, we use 1HK there as well. Ive never found a point in taking POW's, as there are not enough people on my team to spare to guard them! ;)
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:04 am

I like large, organized warfare, it just has a great feeling to me.
I don't check this forum anymore.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:14 am

Soak Fests are pointless after a certain point. When the other team is drenched, they just don't care and run at you even if they get wet. 1 hk and a couple lives is the best way to play in my view.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:25 am

So in 1HK with lives, what rules do you enforce for losing lives? Could a person be shot several times in quick succession to use up all his/her lives, or do they have to move away once hit?
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:03 am

I like to play get your front and back wet equals kill, but that rule doesn't always seem to be followed. It usually turns into a soakfest. -_-

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:39 pm

well, after everyone is wet in a soakfest you just need to use brute force to keep from getting even wetter ;) *coughwmgcough*
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:10 pm

I like capture the flag and neighborhood against neighborhood fights with bases and stuff. It's pretty fun. I play get until your shirt is completely drenched.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

Burnerboy

Post by Burnerboy » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:20 pm

One hit kills are great and all, but usually everyone that plays has dissagreements about what a hit quallifies as, like some dude got blasted full force bye 3 diffent guns, dude: whats your problem man its one hit kill, next time you use a tin tin squirt pistol and he says, dude: oh what thats bs thats from when I was filling up my water balloon, and of course theres no medium.

My personl favorates are huge wars but they must be organized and spaced over large areas. like theres no way you can wage war on a piece of property the size of an acre you need like culldasacks and large neighborhoods to have wars with that many people. any how... -_-
Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them your a mile away, and you have thier shoes-- someone.

Arsenal:
2x Cps 2100
1x Storm Typhoon force 2
1x Storm 650
1x Stream Machine

I dont have much but i dont use super soakers for my hobbie.

blaze

Post by blaze » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:38 pm

Capture the Flag can't be beat. You have all the fun of one game mixed with soakers. Plus, you're not guaranteed to leave the game soaked, since when one team captures the other's flag, the game is over.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:39 pm

When you play capture the flag, what does getting hit mean? Does the person go back to their base or are they out of the fight for good? Or do you have lives?

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Sky_T_219

Post by Sky_T_219 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:44 am

when we play, we play 3v3 in a single yard. we have 3 flags to capture and you can hide them as long as they are visible from a certain point (which we set). then we set bases and territories. for instance, if shot on opponent territory you have to go touch your base for 10 seconds (1 onethousand, 2 onethousand, etc.). if shot on your territory you have to go touch something in the middle of both bases for 10 seconds. we usually play 1 hit kill and you can come back as much as you want... I've had the most funnest games like this, but some of the most dumbest and pointless games too, it depends who you play with.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><u>My Arsenal:</u>
<span style='color:green'>1x CPS 10000 (K-modded)
1x Triple Aggresor
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70
<span style='color :o range'>~More to come~

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:17 pm

Yeah, Nibor, our team should have a CTF game sometime. 1HK when someone is hit they go back and touch their base.
One hit kills are great and all, but usually everyone that plays has dissagreements about what a hit quallifies as, like some dude got blasted full force bye 3 diffent guns, dude: whats your problem man its one hit kill, next time you use a tin tin squirt pistol and he says, dude: oh what thats bs thats from when I was filling up my water balloon, and of course theres no medium.

My personl favorates are huge wars but they must be organized and spaced over large areas. like theres no way you can wage war on a piece of property the size of an acre you need like culldasacks and large neighborhoods to have wars with that many people. any how...
At the CF Mitlitia a hit is hit, a drenching blast or a sprinkle of drops. There is a medium, a quick shot from a low nozzle x. You can have a fight on an acre-sized area, we have done that at least 5 times. If enough people come then the whole park is opened [1 mile long by 1/2 mile wide.]
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:05 pm

The honor system for us has worked so far but I think it's best if we think of some other way to do a 1hk. I think its too hard to tell if you got hit sometimes. Plus people are definatly going to lie if we continue this way.

Does dyed water show on a shirt? I was thinking we could do something like that if the water could show.