Super charger

Threads about water gun modifications.
BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:43 am

Hey, does anyone know how to create a super charger out of PVC or other material that is stronger than the brand name ones? I need something that can support a MXL. Even the suported ones that came with it broke. I have many SC weapons, and I want a reliable water sorce.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:58 am

You'd have to find some PVC that the MXL's SC thing would fit in snuggly. I think that may be 3/4" ID, I am not sure though.

Xray

Post by Xray » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:30 pm

I Don't know what size your nozzle is, but im making a high-quality QFD right now from brass ball valves & it will probably be soldered together.

It helped that I came to this hobby from high-pressure bottle rockets - the ID of the QFD used on a Splashzooka is exactly equal to the ID of a pop-bottle-end.

And I had already made many launchers that sealed against a pop-bottle end - so I just took one and it fits perfectly into the Larami QFD.

EDIT: Explaining why this is good : I can now make any homemade I have/make fit into a QFD perfectly.

-blake

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:14 pm

I would have never thought of a 2L bottle, good idea! I'll try that, maybe I could make my own homemade QFD.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:10 am

Well they make accesory attachments that are the right size, you just need some way for it to become a one way valve. You could use ball bearing or something. But that's for a quick fill nozzle. I Don't know how to make a Super charger one way..how does a brass ball valve work? is it a ball that you press down, and watter can get through? is it thr right size to be a Super charger?
BlueSoak.net

Xray

Post by Xray » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:42 pm

To see how a ball valve works - I hope you have a SS QFD already, it has a ball valve (XPBackfire-esquepy one though) built in, it is the part u'd use to fill a non-QF SS. Look into it and, just check it out in general - that is a ball valve.

For a one-way (or check-valve) you could make one, but modefying a garden hose quick-connect would be easier. I have used a quick-connect male adapter on the nozzle of my soaker, and then I just 'click' it into the female adapter, which is on the garden hose. Then just un-click it when your PC is full.

-blake

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:51 pm

http://www.sscentral.net/images/new/DSCN0433.JPG

That shows you how you can make a check valve if you want to make one.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:21 am

Haha, look, it's the Vaporizer again!
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:20 am

u just found PVC check valve for only $5 a lot cheaper than brass.
BlueSoak.net