Super Soaker: FF Triger repair help

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
banana0692

Super Soaker: FF Triger repair help

Post by banana0692 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:05 am

Ok 1st of all. This is my 1st post yay! lol so be nice to me please.

Ok my flash flood trigger has broken i'm not exactly sure how to fix it. obviously I need to open it 1st but I can't even do that.

I saw the sticky saying that its best to have a photo so:
As you can see the trigger is back and wont automatically come forward. Probably a common problem.

As you can see in this photo I have tried to get the cap off but it just wont come off. I have tried a bunch of different size screw drivers.

The cap where the pump is is really stuck on. I tried using the flat head screw driver and a hammer to take it off but it just won't move. Also I can't seem to get the screws undone for the grey flash flood trigger. 1 screw is all rusty and the other just keeps spinning but won't come out. -.-

Does anyone have any ideas I can get it open?

Bradisfun

Re: Super Soaker: FF Triger repair help

Post by Bradisfun » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:56 am

umm i think u might just have to try and pry it onpen because it sound like all your scruws are ethier theaed or rusted not shure what u can do other than that.sry i heent helped much. hope u find a way

wait new idea just knida rip it open and throw all the scruws away and then once u'v fixed it fill the hole with epoxy and then let it cure then just thread some new scruws in and it shoud stil be surficeable (sorry for my bad spelling)

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:43 pm

This is a pretty common problem, the trigger fault.

Look at the front end of the pump cap. There may be small screws there (there are on the similar arctic blast)

For stubborn screws, try penetrating oil. If the fails, the last resort is to drill out the screw. Water guns have a fair bit of redundancy in the screws holding them together, so a few missing won't matter.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:47 pm

Welcome to SSC.

You'll probably have to saw the cap off. You must be very careful to remove only the cap and not anything else. Cut deep enough to remove the cap and no deeper. Someone else who's opened a Flash Flood might have more specific suggestions.

Your problem sounds like the most common problem with Max-D valved guns. This repair guide tells you what you need to do: http://www.didkovsky.com/supersoaker/index.html

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:30 pm

Max-D guns, the worst for wear!

They're triggers already take a lot of force and make a clicking sound (really loud when being stealth). Also, they break all the time!

This should be a simple repair. Follow what Ben said and also look for guides on this and other websites.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:44 am

I've come across this, as well as similar stubborn caps, many times before. There are several methods to get this open.

With flathead screwdrivers, you can simply use a lot of brute force to get past the glue and pry it off. It won't stick back on though, and it's a good idea to keep the cap in place to guide the pump. So what now?

The next methods are to cut the cap in half. The cut should match how the casing splits open, so that simply unscrewing everything will get it open. The first way to do this is to use a dremel with a small head, but be very careful not to cut into anything else. Cutting into anything else may weaken it and make it more prone to breakage.

A safer way to do it is to take a flathead screwdriver (a small, relatively sharp one) and a hammer, and pound away at where you want to cut. Quite tedious, but the cut is clean if you're careful, and you don't have to clean up debris. Just be careful not to hit your fingers or other parts of the blaster.

Sorry for the late reply, it has been a while since I've checked into here.

danDdestroyer

Post by danDdestroyer » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:32 pm

I've encountered and solved this problem twice so far, but any corrective measures other than simply replacing the spring that is in the trigger mechanism will eventually wear out.
Also, to take the gun apart, I used a simple method, pull the casing open as far as it will go with the caps on, then either break off the side of it, or attack them with a hacksaw.

Also, the second gun was much simpler, I simply cut the trigger mechanism's cover off, and put a rubber band over it, also allows for manual reset if it does get stuck
Dont know if thats quite what you're looking for. But it created the gun I call Spiky, as its a FF missing one side, all the components are held in place with zip ties
Best of Luck
Armory: Max D Arctic Shock, Arctic Shock, 3 Flash Floods, CPS 4100, Monster X, Hydroblitz, Devastator, 2 Back packs, 1 bandolier, CPS 1000, SS 50, Max D 2000, Max D 3000, 2 Aquazookas, 1 5 gallon bucket, and the list goes on