Winter Plans...

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
MyStic

Post by MyStic » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:30 pm

As some of you might now I just starte super soakers a little while ago, and still consider myself pretty new, even though I am rather good thanks to a few years of paintball :P The thing is that usually I would switch to paintball over winter so I don't have to practice when it gets cold out (it gets pretty cold up here in wisconsin), but I recently broke my paintball gun and have been considering quitting due to certain expenses,such as paintballs. Anybody have any suggestions for what I could do to practice without getting extremely cold?

I also am planning a building a few bases in my woods I have behind my house. My backyard is a giant assortment of anything you could possibly use in a base, everything from wood to 9 inch wide steel tubing ;) I am not quite sure where I would put them in my woods but I do have some small streams, and a lot of really small ones, so I might put some bases by them ^_^ Anybody have any ideas for things I could do with the bases and make them really cool? I did manage to come up with a awesome waterballoon launcher idea, but I'll keep that under wraps untill I know if I can get it to work or not :P

Thanks for the help ^_^
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:54 pm

You could have target practice, or you could just mod guns.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:02 pm

I am going to have target practice, but was wondering if there was a better way then freezing :huh: Another problem I am having with the weather conditions is that I usually wear shorts, I actually wear them all year round, and a t-shirt, or a light sweater at best. I usually just wear a sweater when running around in the winter,like to school, but being outside for an hour or 2 practicing would get me pretty cold in just a sweater so I would have to wear a jacket, which I really don't like wearing <_<

Also, I just got a cps 2100 and since I'm new to modding I didn't want to mess up the only good gun I have after my old one broke :( I am planning on getting another one and K-Modding it ;)
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:06 am

Originally posted by MyStic@Dec 10 2004, 07:02 PM
I am going to have target practice, but was wondering if there was a better way then freezing :huh: Another problem I am having with the weather conditions is that I usually wear shorts, I actually wear them all year round, and a t-shirt, or a light sweater at best. I usually just wear a sweater when running around in the winter,like to school, but being outside for an hour or 2 practicing would get me pretty cold in just a sweater so I would have to wear a jacket, which I really don't like wearing <_<

Also, I just got a cps 2100 and since I'm new to modding I didn't want to mess up the only good gun I have after my old one broke :( I am planning on getting another one and K-Modding it ;)
[snapback]20066[/snapback]

Airsoft is a great alternative, the Forest Talon take in airsoft during the off-season to keep our practice up. Yeah start wearing heavier clothing, pants, etc. Im not sure if you were the one I told, but you really should read the mod articles. Just because it sounds cool to modify, doesn't mean it will be sucessful. It is a known fact, 75% of blasters worked on by a beginner WILL BREAK. Modfying your gun does not modify just 1 aspect. If you increase output, shot time goes down drastically. Same for amount of pumps, output lowers, etc. A fail-safe mod I can think of is a backpack modification for an increased reseboir. Hey its your gun, not mine. You have to make the choice for yourself, but I do not modify weaponry from stock.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:13 am

Thanks for the advice jade ^_^ I am well aware of the risks of mods and I have read pretty much every mod guide I could find on the net. I make sure that I know what I'm doing before I do it with things like water guns and other things I like to do stuff with. Oh and I will see about airsoft,it looks pretty fun :D

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:50 pm

It is a known fact, 75% of blasters worked on by a beginner WILL BREAK.
I don't think that figure is quite that high. At most, 25% on average. Honestly, the figure only was that high when modding was an unknown (back in Aquatica), and that was only because there were little modding instructions! I'm very sure that most reasonable K-mods don't result in breakage.

There's not much you can do in the winter base-wise, as I learned last year. I had plans on developing a base in the woods, but by the summer the area was overgrown. Yes, we did manage to build a few impressive structures, bring down trashed tables, couches (from a dump we found) and get it all nice and organized, but by the summer it's nearly inaccessable. It may or may not be like that in your woods. This winter I may try to make permanent trails, but if my efforts are successful will be determined summer 2005.

If you really are set on making a base in the woods, go for it! It was fun building things and setting up other bases. When my team stopped we were making our largest log-cabin yet - we found we didn't have enough wood (and other past ones didn't get higher than a few feet). I do not suggest making log cabins due to the amount of wood needed, maybe towers? If you know lashings and are confident in your ability, that would be a good structure to make. Also look for old dumps and free furniture. We found a small dump with a sofa and many other things, they all were quickly made useful. Also remember to make better water sources, in our last lob-cabin I was planning on making a small outlet to a stream that was very close.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:57 pm

My woods does grow a lot of ferns and things like that but they are easily ripped out and u can walk right over them anyway ;) Before we bought this house a kid that lived here before us built a shack type thing in the woods, and its still standing after a lot of major storms and things like that. I think that my woods would be pretty good for bases. I have to make them big though, at the end of the school year this year I'm having a water fight with tons of my friends B)

Peeko

Post by Peeko » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:02 am

Well the warm soaker season has just bugun here in Australia. Nice weather, perfect for water wars. I hope I'll have the oppurtunity to get the team together for some training and then to do battle with the 2 other water fighting teams nearby. No plans for winter just yet just looking forward to the warm summer ahead.
Psychiatrist: Why do you soak everyone?
Me: Soaking is just a habit

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:51 pm

Over the winter (if my computer stays in my room) I am planning on working on a modification for Star Trek Armada 2. If it doesn't, I'm going to try and finish K-modding my CPS 2100. I lost the trigger spring, but am going to try to replace it with one from a pen.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

USSA

Post by USSA » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:39 pm

The spring on a pen would be way to small. However I'm sure that if you go to any home improvement store you could buy weak little springs. Just check the "Hard to find hardware" section of the store. It's generally much larger in Lowes than in Home depot.