Pressure in 2 liter Homemade

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Adhockeykid

Pressure in 2 liter Homemade

Post by Adhockeykid » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:11 pm

The 2 liter homemade would be easiest for me since it seems simple enough and my dad wouldn't help me since he hates any kind of weapons. How does the water get pushed up to the nozzle and can someone get pics of each of the parts?
"It's either you pass and live, or fail and die."
-Deric

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:46 pm

The air inside the soaker gets pressurized from the pressure of the hose itself. You'll notice a long brass fitting coming out behind the hose handle, and you attach the hose there; then, the bottle part is filled with water. You only get one shot out of it, though, and it isn't very battle practical.

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:49 pm

then can someone explain the easiest, simplest way to make a homemade
-Deric

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:54 pm

The two-liter homemade water gun IS the simplest homemade water gun around. Nothing gets simpler than poking a hole in a two-liter bottle cap, pushing tubing through and attaching the other side of the tubing to a hose via a connector available at most home improvement stores in the gardenning section (they're called hose couplers from what I know).

There are no check valves, no rare parts, no pumping even. If you're having trouble with something this simple, I would suggest against homemade water guns for the time being. Read up on how water guns work, or even better, disassemble a water gun to see how it works. Once you know how a water gun works, you'll feel much more confident and might not even need any help.

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:55 pm

but how does the water get up to the nozzle?

and wht hose attachments do I need?
-Deric

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:16 pm

The water goes from the two-liter bottle to the hose nozzle via gravity. The two-liter bottle is held upside down. Something simple as this should go without saying, but perhaps not...

As for which hose attachments you will need, I already mentioned hose couplers. You will need one male hose coupler and one female hose coupler, however, ideally you will use two male and two female hose couplers. Go and buy the hose couplers and you should find it easy to hook them to the hose and tubing. ;)