Armor Prototype

Threads about water gun modifications.
XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:49 pm

I've been experimenting with an armor for use in waterfights. Its makes getting each other a little more difficult, but not impossible.

My material is the paper padding from apple boxes. It a thin kraft-like paper filled with loose pieces of other types of paper and fibers, like a thin pillow.

This armor is designed not to protect completely from a blast of water, but rather divide the soakage done of you. I've done experiments last night shooting myself with a Storm 500.

But don't worry. Its weak, but the protection is valuable. One blast of a CPS 2100 may reduce its protection down to 50%, but its mostly protection against small arms fire
Although it is peacful and a beautiful place being among the stars, there is danger lurking in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for

- Captain Ivan Reilly,
IGA Intrepid
During conclusion speeches of the Xidian Wars

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:36 am

Originally posted by XP20Warrior@Mar 10 2005, 06:49 PM
I've been experimenting with an armor for use in waterfights. Its makes getting each other a little more difficult, but not impossible.

My material is the paper padding from apple boxes. It a thin kraft-like paper filled with loose pieces of other types of paper and fibers, like a thin pillow.

This armor is designed not to protect completely from a blast of water, but rather divide the soakage done of you. I've done experiments last night shooting myself with a Storm 500.

But don't worry. Its weak, but the protection is valuable. One blast of a CPS 2100 may reduce its protection down to 50%, but its mostly protection against small arms fire
[snapback]23022[/snapback]

Cool. I use armor, but the type I use is probably more common, because my favored armor is a black trash bag. Night camo and light to medium arms fire protection is almost cheating. ^_^

^ another thing about that, add a trash bag over that and you would be invulnerable.

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:05 am

My brother is big on the "armor." Every time we battle with him, he must be wearing three trash bags! I personally feel armor is rather redundant -- the point is to get wet, it's a part of the game. However, if you could make an adequate armor system, I'm sure someone else will appreciate it!

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:37 pm

I think armor is a bad idea because, one I want to get wet in a war, and second, you would get to hot! If anything you should use a shield.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:32 pm

Here's an idea I thought of last night:

You know those packing peanuts that desintegrate in water? Take a bunch of those and make a small 7"x7" blocks with a 1" thickness, then take some rope or something and make a strap for it so you can put it on your arm. This way, the armour cannot last the whole game, and desintegrates every 5 or so shots it takes. Once it desintegrates, you put the now dead armour into a bucket and throw the tape out, but save the rope.

I'll get plans for this later.
I don't check this forum anymore.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:26 am

If you don't get the 'apple' pads, you can use paper bags from the grocery store filled with newspaper shreds and fibers. Just fold the bag flat like it came from the store, (follow the crease marks), and fill it with the shredded paper. Stuff it as much as you can, keeping the bag in the original 'pad' shape as possible. Then when you're ready, attach it to yourself as RacerSoaker445 said. They're reusable if given time to dry unless the waterlogged front tears open from strong blasts of water. Note that this armor can get saturated, but it helps.
Although it is peacful and a beautiful place being among the stars, there is danger lurking in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for

- Captain Ivan Reilly,
IGA Intrepid
During conclusion speeches of the Xidian Wars

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:24 pm

Wouldn't wearing this armour restrict mobility? Either directly, or because you couldn't exactly move stealthily with rustling paper on. I personally think armour in a waterfight is a little over the top and not really needed... but then I do wear armoured gloves but that's because they look cool.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:52 am

I don't wear armour at all, I rely on speed and mobility to avoid shots. Anyway, I play 1HKs, so armour wouldn't really be any help.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Juno

Post by Juno » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:03 pm

In theory, if you could find a black/green/tan life jacket, it would provide temporary protection.
Got a CPS 2000 well you know it makes me feel alright,
Have an XP by my pillow, helps me sleep a little better at night.
There truly is no feeling any greater, than to soak first and ask questions later.
Now I'm, Soaker Happy, Soaker Happy every day.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:14 pm

Originally posted by Spinner@Apr 2 2005, 12:02 PM

Mark Knopfler - What It Is
Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (Alchemy live version)

Am I the only one to really like him/Dire Straits, or are there others?
[snapback]23446[/snapback]

And you'd float in a lake! erm...

Why not just wear full rain gear? If you want water protection, thats about as good as it gets (unless you have a space-suit).

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:00 am

Originally posted by Doom+Apr 2 2005, 10:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doom @ Apr 2 2005, 10:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Spinner@Apr 2 2005, 12:02 PM

Mark Knopfler - What It Is
Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (Alchemy live version)

Am I the only one to really like him/Dire Straits, or are there others?
[snapback]23446[/snapback]

And you'd float in a lake! erm...

Why not just wear full rain gear? If you want water protection, thats about as good as it gets (unless you have a space-suit).
[snapback]23461[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Interesting quote you have there, Doom... :Hey, that's funny.:

Edit: Not sure how that got there... looks like I just pressed the quote button and the wrong one came up. Weirdest error I've seen.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:37 am

Originally posted by Godzillasoaker65@Mar 12 2005, 05:37 PM
I think armor is a bad idea because, one I want to get wet in a war, and second, you would get to hot! If anything you should use a shield.
[snapback]23058[/snapback]

Some people overlook this, I thought I'd just add it as a tip. The top of those metal trash cans that are round and stuff with the handles on them work great as quick shields against water balloons and soakers.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:13 am

Very interesting quote, Doom... Erm, what's it doing here?

Anyway... Yes, wearing waterproof trousers and a raincoat will protect you pretty well, but isn't that defeating the whole point of soakers, which is, surprise surprise, to soak! Also, unless everyone has such armour, it would be very unfair too.

BTW, Hello again blaze... How long till you're banned again?
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:17 pm

Uh...thanks...

I'll only be here for spring break, then maybe come back for a little in the summer. Now that I Don't care as much about this stuff, I doubt I'll be banned. Actually I was banned forever on my request, but Doom just gave me the account back. So nice of him to do that now isn't it?

Sorry for the off topic post but I think that needed some explaination.