What's the best way to take off the caps of a CPS 1200?

Threads about water gun modifications.
JuchTurtles

What's the best way to take off the caps of a CPS 1200?

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:13 pm

I am modding my CPS 1200, and I want to know what is the best way to take off the nozzle cap and the pump cap of the gun?

A fast response is better if possible.

Thanks
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Re: What's the best way to take off the caps of a CPS 1200?

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:36 pm

In some cases, the glue on the cap isn't too strong and you can pry it off with a flathead screwdriver without terribly much trouble. The next method is to cut a line on the cap along the plane of where the gun's casing splits apart. This can be done with a flathead screwdriver and a hammer (gives clean results but is tricky and very tedious) or a dremel with a grinding disk. (not sure what it's actually called haha) Cutting partway along the cap should also make it easier to pry off.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:32 pm

C-A_99 wrote:The next method is to cut a line on the cap along the plane of where the gun's casing splits apart. This can be done with a flathead screwdriver and a hammer (gives clean results but is tricky and very tedious) or a dremel with a grinding disk. (not sure what it's actually called haha) Cutting partway along the cap should also make it easier to pry off.
I think this is something I should try. I didn't really want to damage it, but a little cut won't hurt performance.

By the way, I think its called a head (but I don't really know either).
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:52 pm

I've always called it a nozzle cap.

Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:04 am

C-A_99 wrote:The next method is to cut a line on the cap along the plane of where the gun's casing splits apart.
Yeah, this works. Cut as far as possible through the cap and then pry it open with the help of a screwdriver if needed.
JuchTurtles wrote:I think this is something I should try. I didn't really want to damage it, but a little cut won't hurt performance.

By the way, I think its called a head (but I don't really know either).
You don't need to worry about damaging the gun. The nozzle cap (or whatever term you'd like to use) is completely pointless. The soaker fires exactly the same without it. Once you remove it you'll see that it's actually a cylindrical part inside the cap that fires.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:27 am

@Maelstrom:Thanks, I already knew that the cap doesn't affect performance, and there is plastic pipe in the middle of it.

Thanks to all who posted for information.
SPLASH! You're dead!

DX

Post by DX » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:09 am

What's the mark? I'm assuming it's a 2/4 and is glued, otherwise you can pry the nozzle cover right off in one piece.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:10 pm

I think it's a mk: 2 because it's yellow and purple with orange details.
SPLASH! You're dead!