How to start a war..

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:23 pm

Does anybody know how to start a large water war from step one? I mean like 20-30 people. I homeschool, don't have kids as next door neighbors, and don't know a lot of people. How do you get something going like Niagara 2005?
Although it is peacful and a beautiful place being among the stars, there is danger lurking in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for

- Captain Ivan Reilly,
IGA Intrepid
During conclusion speeches of the Xidian Wars

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:30 pm

Originally posted by XP20Warrior@Mar 7 2005, 12:23 PM
I homeschool
[snapback]22921[/snapback]

Good to see someone else here that homeschools!

Search around on the fourms, or the site, you'll find something eventually.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:33 pm

I doubt Niagara 2005 will ever happen, so it's not going to be possible to do something like it, since we'll never know what exactly it would be like.

However, for general large wars, I'd say you need to have a few small fights with friends and then get them to invite others. I must say, though, I don't think trying to get a massive war straight off like that is a very good idea, since I would imagine it would be difficult to manage and keep organised. Go for 10 people to start off with - that should make a good fight.

Otherwise, talk to marauder4. He's had a lot of battle experience in larger battles, as far as I know.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:10 pm

Niagra was a thought made up by the general community to have a water war at Niagra involving Soakerdom. I agree with Spinner, it most likely will not happen. Start with finding a few friends. Get to know people if you can, check out a Sunday School if you go to Church. Get people interested, ask them if they would like to, the worst they can do is say no and complain about you to everyone else. Larger wars really happen as a result of smaller ones. Have a few great small wars, and then call for 2 or 3 huge wars during the summer. If you have fun, the power of the "word of mouth" is a great thing. Soon everyone will want to participate and have fun.

Be warned that there are people out there who don't like this stuff. Leesport is 10 or 15 miles from Reading, and a lot of people here think its "ghey" to play with "squirt guns". Despite that, I ignore and defy them. This year our tiny little group here in Leesport will do all that we can to still have some fun. If others don't see it at fun, and want to harass you because you're doing something they don't want to look stupid for, which they won't in the first place in the eyes of truth, then it shows you a lot about people, and how they have nothing better to do. Give it a shot, see where it goes :)

soakup

Post by soakup » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:38 pm

Nonsense spinner big wars are way funner thanlittle wars and they do not require much organization. Try this ask a close friend to give you a hand to find kids then get about thirty copies of the rules, the date and time, anything extra and you are set.
sponge+James Collins+ water=soakup

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:03 pm

I didn't say that small wars were more fun than large wars. I merely pointed out that they generally and often inevitably require more organisation if you want to maintain any semblance of order.

Back on topic, check out m4's site, XP20Warrior, in particular the "Hosting a War" page. ;)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:14 pm

Look at This topic, too. It is a Northestern regional war, one that is far more likely to happen than Niagara 2005. If you want to set up a large war make it a "regional" one instead of a broad-nation-wide-plus-Canada Niagara kind of event.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:25 pm

Well, actually, I was hoping my whole neighborhood as the biggest. I really didn't know how to set one up, but I'll try your advice. I can waterfight, have some skills, but go no one do it or have fun.

I know hotshotwithacps4100, who is on this forum. Believe it or not, he's the only person I've waterfighted with. Sometimes, its gotten so bad that we're standing four feet apart, him blasting me with his 4100, and I blasting him with my 2100. We don't dodge, just keep doing it until we're out of water. When we're out, we refill, and do the same thing.
Although it is peacful and a beautiful place being among the stars, there is danger lurking in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for

- Captain Ivan Reilly,
IGA Intrepid
During conclusion speeches of the Xidian Wars

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:44 pm

Originally posted by XP20Warrior@Mar 8 2005, 05:25 PM
Sometimes, its gotten so bad that we're standing four feet apart, him blasting me with his 4100, and I blasting him with my 2100. We don't dodge, just keep doing it until we're out of water. When we're out, we refill, and do the same thing.
[snapback]22954[/snapback]

That's what my sugar-induced monster- I mean neighbor kid does all the time.

One thing you must watch out for in a water war is that sometimes parents oppose water guns, because they promote violence in their eyes, that's why I rarely have water wars.
I don't check this forum anymore.