Really Interesting... About Painting Pros/cons

Threads about water gun modifications.
pigtailsboy

Really Interesting... About Painting Pros/cons

Post by pigtailsboy » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:28 am

sORRY about the annoying title but, well hey whatever.
I wasn't sure if anyone has done this yet.

I've heard that blue and purple being on the part of the color spectrum they are don't show up at as great a distance as red or other warm colors.

Now seeing as most people paint their guns green (increasingly more bright and neon) I thought it would be best to set things straight as to the best way to paint your gun. And I think that darker colder colors are the way. The added bonus beeing that at night colors of blue-green, blue and purple turn black and in the day time are fairly dark as well.

Am I right in my thinking here because I'd like to know from those who've tried.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:52 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! Please take the time to read our rules, because you obviously haven't.

Please avoid titles in caps and then commenting on it. Also, re-read your posts for little errors like that sorry one.

How great of a distance are you talking about? My vision is terrible and I can still see someone holding a considerable sized water gun from a good distance (in the correct colors I might add). If anything, some strange color rule like that likely applies after miles and miles at least.

pigtailsboy

Post by pigtailsboy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:36 am

Well if you consider the fact (I was just thinking this) that it's easier to detect or pick up longer wave lengths like infared. I don't think long wave lengths are disturbed as much as short wave lengths.

I'm BSing though, I have no idea what or why it works that way...