New To Alll This... Well Not Quite...

Threads about water gun modifications.
Hachi-Roku

Post by Hachi-Roku » Fri May 21, 2004 3:56 pm

the other day I was going thru my shed when I found my old CPS1500... I haven't used it since the year it came out Hey, that's funny., and I was just going to throw it out, but first I wanted to take it apart to see how it works... and maybe I could mod it and keep it.

So I took it apart, and tried to think of a way to mod it into using my airtank from my paintball gun. At 3000PSI and 48cu, with the output set to... however much psi a normal super soaker would be (somone know?)... thats a lot of air :) . so no pumping for me, just constant high powered water pressure :P . Now I realise I would need to design a whole new gun for this, but lemme know if you have any good ideas :)

Then I try google, and it brings me here. Lo and behold theres a whole community dedicated to these pieces of plastic Hey, that's funny.. So now for the 1500, well I think I am just going to repair the few minor cracks using epoxy, valve freeze, k mod, and then re-inforce everything. Anything else?

(btw, when they say re-inforce the trigger valve, what exactly do they mean? what do I do to it and where to it?)

I also have a shedful of other supersoakers hehe... maybe I could do something with those as well. its been like 4 years since ive touched a watergun, maybe that will change this summer. :P

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri May 21, 2004 6:36 pm

the 1500 doesn't use air pressure, it uses a rubber bladder to force water out of the gun. and that's waaayyyy more psi than a super soaker. the average air pressure gun uses about 60psi I think.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Jangadance

Post by Jangadance » Fri May 21, 2004 8:10 pm

Hachi-Roku, welcome.

A chain is only a strong as its weakest link, likewise a 3k PSI tank on a 50-60 PSI plastic soaker will only reach ~65 PSI before the plastic ruptures. Great that you're thinking of cool hybrids though. B) The trigger valve is the pull valve with the pin coming out the back that is located behind the nozzle. Reinforcement is just adding something to it to help prevent it from cracking open. Spreading some epoxy or Plumber's Goop liberally will help things out. Sounds like you'll have a nice CPS1500 when you're done! What other blasters do you have...?

Hachi-Roku

Post by Hachi-Roku » Fri May 21, 2004 8:43 pm

thanks for the tips :D

as I said, "I realise I would need to design a whole new gun for this", which is what I am thinking of now. The insanely high pressure in the tank is only so that it can store more air. A low pressure regulator could easily drop the output pressure to around 80. Now how do I use that 80 psi to project a stream of water when I pull a trigger? well im still thinking about that hehe. ideas?

hmm what else do I have...

CPS1500, two SS 30's, SS MDS, XP 105, two XXP 275's, XP 65, Xp 85, Xp 110 and a few more that I can't remember right now, nor can I find them :rolleyes:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 22, 2004 4:00 pm

I've thought about co2 gun but I haven't had the money to build any. You would not want to use co2 on any CPS gun at all, all that would do it break the gun. The best thing to do with co2 is make a new gun, a homemade.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat May 22, 2004 4:20 pm

That's more PSI than even PVC can hold. You would be using metal for all the workings. That's gunna cost ya'
If you bring it down to 80 it owuld be awesome though. I don't know much about CO2. I have used the little canisters on many things, but I think you are talking the big semi-auotomatic, or auotomatic large one's.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 22, 2004 4:48 pm

Depending on what kind you get, you can make PVC hold over 500 psi. A water gun like that would be dangerous, and to get a good coherant stream out of it you'd need to design it for that purpose.

Hachi-Roku

Post by Hachi-Roku » Sat May 22, 2004 7:49 pm

k ill explain again since it seems you Don't understand. :P

First of all, I am not using co2, I am using HPA (compressed air and/or nitro).
Secondly, the tank ITSELF holds 48CU [at] 3000PSI... this is just the airtank, the most it can output is 800PSI, or if I turn down the regulator, anywhere from 80 to 150 PSI. This has nothing to do with the pressure inside the tank, the tank could be 20 000PSI it wouldnt make a difference... it could just store a heck of a lot more air, while keeping the output pressure the same. I am pretty sure PVC piping can at least take 80 to 150 psi hehe, so no worries there.

So, I have my airtank acting as a resevoir for my air... this screws into an ASA which lets it flow into the PVC piping... Then I need a resevoir for the water, and some way to mix the 2 so that the air is propelling the water whenever I pull the trigger. Sounds simple... and it probably is... but im just not sure how ^_^

Link to a pic of my tank

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 22, 2004 8:18 pm

Ok, I know what you're trying to do. There are 2 ways to do this:

Method #1: http://www.xinventions.com/main/spud/water_cannon.htm

Make something like design #2, but with a check valve from the water side. You'll need to also make the water side pressurized so the water will be flowing out. That side could be CPS and super chargeable.

Method #2: Pressurized reservoir

You could make a gun where the reservoir is pressurized with the co2. Just set the regulator to the pressure you want and it should pressurize.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat May 22, 2004 8:44 pm

Doom, He said he WAS NOT using co2.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat May 22, 2004 8:53 pm

Originally posted by RacerSoaker445@May 22 2004, 09:44 PM
Doom, He said he WAS NOT using co2.
Racer - one-liner!

Doom only said that he could use CO2. Conditional tense. He was just giving suggestions. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat May 22, 2004 8:59 pm

Isn't all this tank stuff expiarable? I know at least for C02 you would always have to change it. Probably the same with nitro.
BlueSoak.net

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat May 22, 2004 9:03 pm

Oopsie, a one liner! Sorry! :D

Oh, ok I see. thanks.

[at]BlueSmudge
Yes, I agree. the tanks would expire too often. They are kinda' pricey too.
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat May 22, 2004 9:04 pm

Besides it would be too powerful to fire at close range,
BlueSoak.net

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun May 23, 2004 12:03 am

you didn't listen at ALL did you. the output can be regulated to a decent pressure. warn level goes up one, bluesmudge. however a HPA tank also could fulfill my dream of a "self-pumping" gun - this would be perfect for a pool blaster.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.