Easy Mod for Cheap AP guns.

Threads about water gun modifications.
Fatalness

Easy Mod for Cheap AP guns.

Post by Fatalness » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 pm

So my brother wanted a water gun of his own after he saw what i did with my gorgon ( check my sig)

He only had about 5 bucks so not much you can do there. SO he bought himself a cheap brandless pressurized reservoir watergun at biglots for about 4 bucks (it was on sale).

capacity: 1liter
range: 15 ft
shot time: 5 secs
ptf: 25

The ptp was ridiculous!. the pump just really sucked. If you didnt pump fast enough nothing happened. however, the trigger felt nice and all the check valves and tubing worked fine, so it was really the only thing we felt we needed to fix.

After checking out the dollar store, we got a little handsized ball pump. Nothing fancy but we checked it to make sure it worked.

Opening up the gun revealed the why the pump was so weak. the diameter of the pump could not accommodate even my pinky finger. tiny and weak and leaky too. the internals were your basic AP gun.

In this particular gun we kept part of the back of the pump since the back of it was supported by the gun's shell and it was already attached to some tubing going to the reservoir. we attached the pump sealed it with silicone and voila! glued with super glue and sealed it with some silicone. Finally secured it with a ziptie

New Stats:
Range- 30 ft
shot time- 8 secs
Ptf- 2-3

EDIT: it was originally 5 pumps to full, but we found tha pump was leaky so we replaced it with another handpump. this one works really well. To be honest. A gun that can fully pressurize on 3 pumps, I wouldnt mind having that as a side arm!

Below are pics of the finished gun
Attachments
Picture 013.jpg
Picture 012.jpg
Last edited by Fatalness on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Very First Mod and Gun - The $5 Dollar QFD Backpack Mod

atvan

Re: Easy Mod for Cheap AP guns.

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Hmm, interesting. A small pump was likely for <3 year olds, making it easy. Also, 25 pumps is not too bad. Ptp is not a standard acronym, but I like it. Tell him nice range doubling. Get him on the forums too, or share your acount if he is too young.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:46 pm

well a pump thats too big wouldnt fit and this one is mostly plastic so the weight isnt bad at all. this pump allowed us to get to higher pressures, thats why the range increased

ptp- pumps to pressurize i hope it catches on!

yeah, i'll show him the site, see if he wants to register

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:05 pm

I think it should be revised to pumps to full. For example, a CPS gun's PTP would be 3-6, but it's ptf would be 20-30.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:17 pm

perhaps revise to Pumps till pressurized?

ptp has a nice ring to it