CPS 3200 mods?

Threads about water gun modifications.
Solscud007

CPS 3200 mods?

Post by Solscud007 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:10 am

Hey I tried searching for CPS3200 but didnt find much.

Is there a way to swap out the pump for say a bicycle pump so the CPS charges in less pumps?

I am new to SS modding. I am rather competent in Nerf gun mods and home mades. So the general knowledge of modding is within my understanding. I just have some catching up to do in terms of terminology and general Super Soaker technology and mechanics.

Thanks

cantab

Re: CPS 3200 mods?

Post by cantab » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:18 am

A bike pump will be inappropriate. Bike pumps are designed to pump air. The pump in the CPS3200 pumps water.

While 'less pumps' is a nice idea, physics limits it. The volume of water moved per pump depends on the stroke length and diameter. Increasing the diameter will increase the required pumping force to create the same pressure - there comes a point when the pump would be too stiff. Increasing the stroke length obviously has its limits.

Bear in mind that the nature of CPS technology means that near full power is reached after only a few pumps. Further pumps only increase the shot time.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:02 am

If you're familiar with Nerf, you'd probably be surprised by a well organized content section on a website as the Nerf community operates primarily through disorganized forum threads. The modifications link on the top right covers the majority of known modifications in brief. You'd benefit from scanning the repairs section as well.

cantab's correct about pumps. There definitely is a trade-off.

Solscud007

Post by Solscud007 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:18 am

Ben wrote:If you're familiar with Nerf, you'd probably be surprised by a well organized content section on a website as the Nerf community operates primarily through disorganized forum threads. The modifications link on the top right covers the majority of known modifications in brief. You'd benefit from scanning the repairs section as well.

cantab's correct about pumps. There definitely is a trade-off.

haha yes. Most if not all Nerf forums and sites are very un-organized and moderated by any soup nazi-like people.