Rad new way to CVF

Threads about water gun modifications.
The Stealthy Panda

Rad new way to CVF

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:45 am

I invented a new way to CVF. First, you drill several interconnected holes in the check valve. This is best done with a bit designed to drill through metal, as it works faster. Then, you put in a crap-load of epoxy, and put it in a vise reservoir side up. When the glue is dry (mine takes an hour), you're done. :cool:
I did this on my CPS 10-30-50, and it works great. To be honest, I don't know why people started doing it the old caveman way. I suppose the first idea was just to remove the valve, then two seconds later they realized that that wouldn't work, but I'm rambling. Just try it. It's awesome.
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:53 am

Neat, that sounds much easier and stronger! Sounds like you also don't need to drill the valve itself - drilling the tubing might do.

Also, just as a not, the term "pressure release valve" is much more accurate than "check valve." The PRV is by no means a one-way valve. It's not your fault that there's poor terminology floating around, but just watch out for potential confusion. :cool:

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:55 pm

Sounds neat! Could you write it in tutorial form or provide pictures?

Oh, and I tend to call them check valves because it is much easier to say, plus I'm just used to saying it that way. :)
I don't check this forum anymore.

Owners

Post by Owners » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:13 pm

I think, out of my randomness, I saw this in a post way back in 2004 when i was surfing the forums two seconds ago.

http://forums.sscentral.org/t162/

It is what dsoaker502 says:
"Freeze the check valve by drilling a hole in it and filling that with epoxy."
Rule the day

Cps 4100 Cps 2700 Xp 110 Xp 60 2 FFs Max-D 5000 Max-D 3000 with a CVF and a Tarantula

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:27 pm

Damn! I thought I was being so original! And I would have been the first to think of it, too, if it weren't for those meddling other people! :rolleyes:
Yeah, that disappoints me a little, but I noticed that dsoaker mentioned it as if everyone already knew what he was talking about. My new mission will be to search through past posts to find where he heard about it.

I'll be back.

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:44 pm

I'm beaaaack!

I couldn't find it. Maybe dsoaker hadn't read the article (which probably didn't exist at the time, anyway), and just assumed that was how one would go about it. So, maybe it wasn't that original, but from now on, this is how I will CVF.