how to mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
soaking_mayhem

how to mod

Post by soaking_mayhem » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:20 pm

what can u do to a soaker. to make it better? i want to mod my max 5000. its not big. its standarrd

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:29 pm

Oh dear. Another "What mods can I do?" thread.

I am tempted just to lock this. The stickied thread at the top of the forum lists what mods you can do to each soaker. The name isn't really that cryptic.

The main SScentral site explains how to do the mods.

Please read both, then come back with any further problems.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:34 pm

I would not modify a Max-D 5000 itself. There really is not much that you can do to an air pressure gun other than make a water backpack for it or freeze its check valve. Performing a check valve freeze could make it more powerful, but it probably would not be much more powerful. It probably is not worth doing a check valve freeze to.

However, a small gun like this would greatly benefit from extra capacity. You could try to expand the reservior in many ways. A popular way would be to build a backpack for it.

As I said, there is not much you can do, but you probably should check the modifications page on SSC to get some ideas if you really want to do something.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:20 pm

Actually, on further thought, an MD5K would be pretty suitable to test a pump replacement mod on. Because it's PR, has low pressure, and has little resistance, a 3/4" pump might work fairly well on it. Don't hold me to that, though, since it would probably prove to be a complex mod. Anyway, my friend's MD5K is a pretty good soaker...

You know, we need a thread that we can merge all redundant modding threads like this into. That would be pretty amusing...also, you should probably watch the grammar. You never know when a little bit of poor grammar starts a huge turnaround in the formerly clean SSC Forums...I'm holding nothing against you since most forums aren't strict like this one, but please take my warning seriously.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:43 pm

On my Max-D 5000, I sawed off the handle grip "guard" so that it doesn't stop people with larger hands from holding it. I also froze the check valve. That's it. There's supposed to be a QFD mod for it as well.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups