I disliked it.
50%
I hated it!
8%

Total votes: 12

Viscen Django

Sagant Shotgun Mod

Post by Viscen Django » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:34 am

WARNING: This mod involves cannibalizing guns. If you are opposed to this, do not perform the mod.

DISCLAIMER: I am not liable for any damage that occurs to you and/or your guns as a result of this mod. Use it at your discretion.

Gun(s) needed: Vaporizer, Arctic Shock

1. Open the Vaporizer and the Arctic Shock. Be sure to put the screws someplace safe to prevent them from getting stepped on or something.

2. Take the orange end cap off of the Vaporizer.

3. Take the ball valve out of the Arctic Shock. Take out only the ball valve, not the nozzle that is attached to it.

4. Pull off the vinyl tubing on the black side of the ball valve.

5. Using a power drill and a drill bit, enlarge the hole where the vinyl tubing was attached to on the black side of the ball valve. (NOT the blue side) Make sure it is big enough for the Vaporizer's nozzle. Avoid drilling through the mesh at all costs as this will ruin the mod and the ball valve.

6. Fit the black side of the ball valve onto the Vaporizer's nozzle. Secure with duct tape, string, plumber's epoxy, or whatever. For best results, make sure the blue side of the ball valve is pointing straight ahead.

7. Close up the Vaporizer.

8. Enjoy.

REVIEW OF SAGANT SHOTGUN:

The Sagant Shotgun is basically a modified Vaporizer with a ball valve attached to the nozzle. The mesh on the ball valve makes it have shotgun-like qualities.

POWER: 7/10. When the Sagant Shotgun shoots, the water sprays outward in a big blast. (Picture a shotgun firing. The bullets from the shotgun spray everywhere. This is the same, only with water "bullets".) This feature makes it hard for the enemy to block. However, the enemy can still block it if he is extremely skilled with a shield or has a really big shield.

RANGE: 2/10. This is why the Sagant Shotgun is called that. If you have experience with real guns, you might recall that a shotgun doesn't have accuracy at long range. This gun is the same. Therefore, if your opponent is even 10 feet away, the blast will not hit him. You need to get really close (CQC range) and spray him. Because of this, it is advisable to have a shield of some kind while using this gun.

Rating:

Without Shield: 4.5/10. With Shield: 7/10.
Last edited by SSCBen on Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-\\-Hraesvelgr-//- Sivayth Prioritus

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:35 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Nice article!

After doing some changes to the BBCode, I have fixed your post which previously was fully of non-functional BBCodes.

This is a good example of lack of power combined with large nozzles making low range. You could easily do the same thing without the Arctic Shock by the way. ;)

SS_Stencil

Post by SS_Stencil » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:12 pm

Do think that you HAVE to use a Arctic Shock ball valve?

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:20 pm

This is an ancient thread, but I'll at least answer your question.

You are actually supposed to take out the original valve, which would actually be a (nonlinear) "pull valve" rather than a ball valve. So, once that is out, you replace it with an actual ball valve that has mesh to break up the shot.