K-mod Complete + Results

Threads about water gun modifications.
Storm

Post by Storm » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 pm

I finished my K-Mod, CVF and Reinforcement (a lot of help from Blaze) and here are the results.

With 12 pumps on 5X

To last drop I got a range of approx 56 feet to last drop
And about 53 feet to largest puddle
The shot time is about 2 or almost 3 seconds.

I used 60 Balloons on my K-Mod.
Storm

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:58 pm

Aww, thanks for giving me some credit but all I did was tell you stuff. I'm sure you couldv'e easily done it without me.

That's real powerful! Though I can probably beat you with me reserve expanded 21000, because...my reserve is expanded. 8 shots on a 2100 is like 5 or 6 on a 1700. And from what I know you only get 3. But that is still an awesome gun. Good job! You're the only inexperienced user (no offense) that I know who did a successful check valve freeze on his first try! Excellent work if it can shoot that well.

Storm

Post by Storm » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:13 pm

Naw actually... I probably couldn't have done it w/o you... I asked over a dozen questions :-P .

Now that I've completed K-mod and CVF I guess I might no longer be a inexperienced user eh? ;) :)
Storm

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:14 pm

Well, yeah I guess so. Let me do this uninexperienced user thing.

I, Blaze, with the power vested in me, hereby pronounce you no longer a inexperienced user.

Storm, I would like to say that you have come along very well. Most people who join soaking are very inexperienced userish for a looong time. That's how I was. I think it is safe to say that you've been fairly uninexperienced userish since you joined. Doing this mod made u change into a true soaking person.

Storm

Post by Storm » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:17 pm

Wow... I can feel the courses of the earth being altered right now.
Soon I'll post pics of my mod on my site. It'll be up for anyone to see. Or maybe I'll just give them for you to put upon your site Blaze!
Storm

Jinnai

Post by Jinnai » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:19 pm

man storm we're in the same boat...kind of... I wanna k-mod and cvf my 1700...but it cost my $37 and im scared to break something...but one mod I can do is resovior expansion. all I need is a 2L bottle. help? can u post pics of your 1700 to help me?
( \/ ) This is Bunny. Put Bunny in your sig
(o.o)to help him on his way to world dominance

<u>My Arsenal</u>
1. CPS 1700 (k-mod and CVF planned)
2. CPS 1000 (k-mod and CVF planned)
3. 3x XP 240
4. Max-D 4000

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:36 pm

I was scared to death too when I first did a K mod, but all you have to do is take it slow and if your unsure about something just ask us at ssc.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Jinnai

Post by Jinnai » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:39 pm

ok...now im going to open it up and just take a look. ill post if I find anything interesting.
( \/ ) This is Bunny. Put Bunny in your sig
(o.o)to help him on his way to world dominance

<u>My Arsenal</u>
1. CPS 1700 (k-mod and CVF planned)
2. CPS 1000 (k-mod and CVF planned)
3. 3x XP 240
4. Max-D 4000

Storm

Post by Storm » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:53 pm

As scared as you may be, and every step you take you'll wanna turn back, KEEP GOING. Just make sure if you don't know what your doing to ask someone who does know. K-Mod is really simple mainly annoying, and the Bladder is hard as Hasbro HQ to get in the PC case. CVF is scary but very simple. you just have to saw away and glue in the holes. It's actually all quite simple with the help of someone who knows how to do it!
Storm

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:11 pm

Originally posted by Storm@Jul 28 2004, 01:53 PM
It's actually all quite simple with the help of someone who knows how to do it!
I love me... :Hey, that's funny.:

Yeah my first check valve freeze was creepy like XPBackfire-esque, and I didn't get any help, but when I kind of visualized the flow of the water, I could locate the 3rd, extra check valve. When I removed it the rest was extremely simple. Fill the non pressurized side with hot glue (actually, I used epoxy...hehehe) and the other side with epoxy, or a screw and epoxy which is easier. Doom invented the screw thing from what I hear. My site and this site both have check valve freeze articles. OOh but I can't say my site's url because Doom calls it spamming because he hates it...(just look at my signature.).

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:19 am

Were your pump problems a result of this mod? It is most likely. Did what I tell you fix it?
I also pronounce you no longer a newb. With the two of us, thats gotta be equal to some awesome guy....who is awesome. So, with awesome power, you are no longer a newb. My first check valve freeze spawned "the beast" you can see it's pictures at soakthis.tk. I made it a few months ago, and it was my first mod. Even though it really failed it gave me lots of experiance.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:21 am

That's real powerful! Though I can probably beat you with me reserve expanded 21000, because...my reserve is expanded. 8 shots on a 2100 is like 5 or 6 on a 1700. And from what I know you only get 3. But that is still an awesome gun. Good job! You're the only inexperienced user (no offense) that I know who did a successful check valve freeze on his first try! Excellent work if it can shoot that well.
Am I considered a inexperienced user? Because I did a sucessful CVF, 60 baloon K-mod, and full paint job on my 2100. Also, what exactaly is a inexperienced user?

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:24 am

Nice BS. I'm getting my 1500 in the mail this week. I'm seriously thinkning. Though my soaker insticts scream, that due to my lack of Modding experience, I should NOT even CONSIDER the attempt at K-modding & Check Valve freezing. It's the last Soaker my mom'll buy me.

Anyway, congrats upon your new, and Heavily improved 15/17000 ;) , and also about your non-No0biness.

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:38 am

Originally posted by Drewsky92@Jul 28 2004, 05:21 PM

Am I considered a inexperienced user? Because I did a sucessful CVF, 60 baloon K-mod, and full paint job on my 2100. Also, what exactaly is a inexperienced user?
Um...well...It's not ALL about modding. I don't really think you've passed inexperienced userdom yet...

A inexperienced user is someone who is annoying or doesn't know a lot about soakers.