is it about look?

Threads about water gun modifications.
ProwlingTiger

is it about look?

Post by ProwlingTiger » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:46 pm

Well...I recently bought a gun and thought about repainting it. Right now it is blue but I want to be feared in battle. I want some thin chrome plating. Anyone else get these desires?

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:56 pm

A desire to paint my gun? Yes. To paint it chrome? No. Just make it camo, black, or a dark shade of some color. :cool:

ProwlingTiger

Post by ProwlingTiger » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:59 am

not paint it chrome, cover it with some chrome plating.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:19 pm

Chrome plating? That's even worse. It would add excessive weight, price, and shine way too much. Truth be told, I'm interested in painting myself--I'm thinking camoflauge black and green, with a highlight of sparkly/reflective purple (probably needs multiple layers). Purple might jazz up homemades without being to obvious to enemies...

I'm pretty sure people who see unpainted homemades for the first time are either (A) incredulous, and come closer for inspection until they're hit hard; or (B) respectful, and realize what type of weapon they're dealing with.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:50 pm

...And those who see painted homemades for the first time usually don't see them until it's too late and they're standing right in front of an ambush. :p I am painting my [working] homemades and water cannons in the usual mix of black, green, and brown. In our parks, camo guns are invisible in the reeds. Camo people would also be invisible if we had enough camo clothing.

We paint for use rather than beauty. A gun which blends in with the plants and helps you set a perfect ambush is worth more to me than any chrome gun which looks cool, but gives away your position.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:25 am

Camo is normally a mix of: Black, Brown, 2 Greens and White.

Proper DPM (Disruptive Pattern Material) is next to invisible when done properly, and you are in the right place.

Computer designed DPM - 4 times harder to see. Also harder to get.

I have been in an woodland area about 100 foot * 100 foot in Computer designed DPM, including hands/face covered in camo cream - and it took 4 people half an hour to find me - and they knew I was in that area.

Two of them stepped on me, and it still took them some time after that to find me.

I've slipped past patrols of around 8 people - while in DPM and not been seen.

Camoflage is a huge advantage if combined with the right training.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston