Advice on running a highschool water-war

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Chewie

Advice on running a highschool water-war

Post by Chewie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:09 pm

So I help out with a youth-group, and in a month we're having the MOTHER OF ALL WATER WARS! I'd like to do something more than just 'go out and get wet', so here's what I was thinking;

Capture the flag, with the ability to 'die'. Glue an alka-seltzer tablet on a string and hang it around your neck. When it falls off, you're dead. Kids will have their own guns, and we'll have about a thousand water balloons.

Are there any other good formats for these sorts of things that are simple enough for a highschooler to understand?

lazerhawk08

Re: Advice on running a highschool water-war

Post by lazerhawk08 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:45 pm

check out one of my threads : ways to have a water war. Ben posted many water war games.
I have trichotillomania (trik-O-til-a-mAn-Eu)
Which meens i rip out my hair uncontrollably...its emotionally depressing...
If anyone could help...PM me...

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:34 pm

The thread in question is here.

I'd just recommend making some simple rules and staying with them. Capture the flag is easier enough to do, but the kill system may get some disputes--you may need some referees as well. Or at least someone to settle a possible dispute quickly and correctly.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:52 pm

If by good formats you mean ways to count eliminations, an alka seltzer tablet seems simple enough. Another common way is getting a certain amount of water on both sides of a shirt and count that as a kill. Alka-seltzer should work fine though.

If by good formats you mean game types, here's the thread lazerhawk was talking about: http://forums.sscentral.org/t5019/

Daehak-Kun

Post by Daehak-Kun » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:16 am

Chewie wrote:So I help out with a youth-group, and in a month we're having the MOTHER OF ALL WATER WARS! I'd like to do something more than just 'go out and get wet', so here's what I was thinking;

Capture the flag, with the ability to 'die'. Glue an alka-seltzer tablet on a string and hang it around your neck. When it falls off, you're dead. Kids will have their own guns, and we'll have about a thousand water balloons.

Are there any other good formats for these sorts of things that are simple enough for a highschooler to understand?
just biuld a super cannon trust me it'll be much more fun