black bear in Ridgewood

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Specter

black bear in Ridgewood

Post by Specter » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:39 pm

there was a black bear spotted...

solution: shoot it with Supercannon 2

haha
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

cantab

Re: black bear in Ridgewood

Post by cantab » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:25 pm

If you want to make a black bear solution, you're gonna need to fill the SCII with acid.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:03 pm

or maybe with pepperspray.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Pepper spray made of Jalapeno/Cayenne peppers.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:42 pm

Oh come on, they're weak. You want something like Dorset Nagas - no bear could bear getting that in their eyes.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Come on guys. Bears aren't all that big a deal. They never attack people unless they have cubs, or if they're rabid or something like that. They usually run away the minute they smell people. Unless someone in your neighborhood is feeding it, which is not a good idea.

They can be pests though. You'd probably shouldn't leave your garbage out overnight. I've seen garbage cans tipped over with the garbage thrown all over the place. Bring your trash out in the morning before the garbage truck comes, and you should be fine. Unless you're like my family, where we just take the trash to the dump ourselves.
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Thing is, that wasn't "2 hours north of New York City". Bears are very rare in the northern Jersey suburbs. It is densely populated - deer are a big deal there. There are children and pets all over the place - that's a big deal if they were pursuing the thing through backyards. Ridgewood's east side is all houses and lawns, too.

A battery of Douchenators would do the trick.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:35 pm

What do you mean they were pursuing the thing across backyards? Nobody said that people were chasing it. Unless I'm not interpreting your post correctly.

Still, I don't think it would be that hard to get the bear out of there. The police or whoever could capture it and take it back up north or something. I guess you could shoot water balloons at it to try and scare it away. :p I seriously would do that if a bear was attacking my chickens or ducks. None of our guns are strong enough to take down a bear. (I mean real .22 guns, not water guns.) Unfortunately, I don't have a WBL. I have to make one sometime.
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

Specter

Post by Specter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:49 am

My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:31 am

http://ridgewood.patch.com/articles/bla ... -ridgewood

"police chased" and "forced up a tree" doesn't sound like a leisurely stroll to me. The Ridgewood cops don't have the equipment to stun a bear. They had to wait for the state and the state wouldn't come that night because it was too dark, hence the bear got out of the tree and ran through backyards. They did eventually relocate it, but it's been spotted in Ridgewood twice before, so evidently relocating them doesn't work like it should. When I lived in Ridgewood, there had only been 3 bear sightings in the past century.

On a summer Friday night, there would be a lot of people with kids in their backyards. Having a bear run through there in the dark would be a concern, in a densely populated town where residents do not own firearms, at least not the caliber you'd have in the countryside for home defense.

I don't understand what your deal is. I lived in Ridgewood for 11 years, I know what the place is like and what the people are like, it was my home. That bear passed right by my old water warfare park, too.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!