XP Triple Play on ebay

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Specter

XP Triple Play on ebay

Post by Specter » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:16 am

My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Silence

Re: XP Triple Play on ebay

Post by Silence » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Are these the ones with the valves that open when you plug them in, so they can be charged beforehand? It's a little gimmicky when you consider that with the size of the tanks, and the fact that you'll probably carry all three at once anyway, you might as well have one larger pressure chamber. If the tanks were all larger that would also make sense because you could store them in a base.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Yeah. It's a bit gimmicky but might have uses. The biggest perk I can think of is flexibility - take one tank for lightness, or more for more ammo. But you can get that just my having more than a single soaker in your armoury.

Still, I don't think it's a BAD gun. Some might have a need for it.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Specter

Post by Specter » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Are these the ones with the valves that open when you plug them in
It looks like it. Its brand new and has the qfd and everything.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:53 am

My younger brother had the similar Triple Charge and I always thought it was rather weak. The idea is valid but it could have been executed better.

I'm thinking something with a piston and two quick connects on each side would be ideal. One side is a water connection and the other side is an air connection. The air side of the piston is high pressure, but when attached to the air coupler the air expands to something larger so it has a LPD effect. This could be interested if executed correctly. Some sort of snap-in chamber would be ideal too.

I might make this eventually (don't hold me to it though!).