Water Balloon Sling

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
atvan

Water Balloon Sling

Post by atvan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 pm

A few weeks back I built a Roman-style sling for randomly throwing stuff, which includes water balloons. Since I am too lazy to post a pic, I will put a text drawing-

---------------[||||||||||||||||||||]----------------O
The order of the items is -string- -cloth- -string- -string loop-

I took an old sock and cut it down the middle to make a roughly rectangular piece of cloth. I then tied a string about 2 feet long around one end of the sock. If you could get a cloth with metal reinforced holes in it like a piece of a tarp with those hole things in it, that would be best. On the other end, I tied a string about three feet long onto the sock. On the end of this string I tied a loop with a slip knot. The construction was complete.

To utilize this sling- place the loop around your wrist and tighten. You may want to pad your wrist in some way. Place the water balloon in the sling, and then grab the other string near the end. Yo may want to tie a knot at the end of this string to prevent fraying and improve grip. Swing the sling underhand, like pitching a softball. After three or four rotations, release the string in your hand just after the bottom of the swing. The balloon should fly (at least with the things I have thrown, as I do not have any water balloons) two to three times your normal throw at that angle. Once you get aiming down (not an easy task), enjoy the long range barrages.

I posted this here because the water balloon launchers were here, and this is also a finished product, but feel free to move it if this is in a bad spot.

atvan

Re: Water Balloon Sling

Post by atvan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:06 pm

I finally got Water balloons, so I might test this out soon.

Marlon28

Post by Marlon28 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:49 am

Where can I buy a water balloon slingshot?
My friend used to have a water balloon sling shot and then I lost it...does anyone know of a store where I can buy another one, preferably an actual store and not the internet. Thanks!
Last edited by Marlon28 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:54 am

Please do not reasurect threads. While your information may seem relevant, if you read the post, note that my design was a homemade design for a inertial slingshot, while you are asking for a commercial elastic type.

They may be availible at various stores, not sure in Australia.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog